Beagling

ilovemyheckler

Anyone been beagling?

I fancy going out with a local pack but I am not sure exactly what is involved. How fit do you need to be?

My main worry is that if I become split up from the main group I may br suceptable to unwanted attention from sabs and being on foot it won't be so easy to get away.

Any advice would be appreciated especially from people who have been.

Thanks

Don't need to be particularly fit

The course of the hunt tends to be in a circle and if you choose a good viewing position you'll see the hounds working. The old hands generally know where to go.

If you want to follow the pack more closely have a word with the huntsman and don't get too close.

http://www.amhb.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=53 `This site should tell you how to find your local pack.

Sab activity can be a problem but newcomers are welcome if you have country credentials.

I have followed my local pack for years and had a lot of days with other packs.

You can make the day what you like I like to follow the hounds and have a good workout so I try and keep up with the hounds! others have a more leisurely day.

Beagling folk are always glad to see new supporters don't worry about sabs they win if people don't go who are interested. You will be fine I am sure.

Edited by cwmmawr