Good evening on the bunnies

GSP84

I bought a new electronic fox caller as on Tuesday night I saw a vixen with 3 cubs so thought I'd try it out this evening... The weather was terrible and I didn't see a single fox :-(

I did however see plenty of bunny rabbits, the number have increased significantly around here recently, much more than previous years.

I had 15 good hits but the rest went back flipping into oblivion (also known as soaking wet 4ft tall super thick heather) so couldn't be recovered and I had not dog with me :-(

Anyone who contributed to my other thread (http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/338433-22-lr-different-noise-levels/), well I can confirm it wasn't such a big problem tonight. I don't think the rabbit in the paddock I was asked to clear had ever been shot at! Not compared to my main permission where they are jumpy as hell.

45d4e70afd.jpeg

Edited by GSP84

A decent bag of rabbits well done,

until they associate the gun report with danger they will just sit but they become educated very quickly I find, the numbers have increased here to this year and still seeing very young about, one large field of wheat had been eaten off at least 10' into the field but it is now catching up as I have now removed 128 in the last few weeks with what's left now very wary and now left until harvest as unable get a clear shot off the sticks

Cheers, wood stocked one is a Annie 1417, plastic stocked one is a .17hmr Sako Quad .

Had another good night last night, 30+ pigeon on some freshly planted game cover and another 10 bunnies off the paddock.

Cheers mate. I have the 1517 and love it.

Well done yesterday. I need to get some pics of the bunnies I am shooting but there are so flippin many that by the time I have gutted them I am normally to knackered to take pics. The one farm that has an infestation has yielded, 49, 45,70,39,68 and 46 last night...off to buy some more ammo later. Kepp up the good work bud.