holly

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that stress?

I'll keep them all from now on, unless there's something else you should do? I'm a novice- it's a genuine question.

They dont go back well and dieif you touch them taking a hook out. , the skin tissue is weak they die when netted due to being crushed togeter, and when line caught they die from you handling them, they are unique as far as i know in this respect. I was told if you want them to go back use barbless hooks and dont touch them even with gloves and dont bang them about on any marine structures rocks or get and sand abraision when you shake them off the hook, use barbless hooks is a help here, But realy they dont go back at all well.

Edited by TONY R

Is that stress?

I'll keep them all from now on, unless there's something else you should do? I'm a novice- it's a genuine question.

hi yes is there skin tissue,has a major break down if you touch ,very delicate . if you grab hold of one when you take the hook out ,you can see your finger in prints on them as they swim away. best thing catch what you want and stop ,or use bar-bless hooks ,or bend them down with pliers ,and shake them off.

Now off Budleigh Salterton in East devon

Damn, knew I should have taken the fly rod! They've got the whitebait trapped at the water's edge and the sea is boiling. Budleigh is a steep beach and in the flat calm there's just one breaker a yard or so out in which you can see the mackerel hunting. Paused for a breather and went to chat to a couple fishing as a team. Turned out he was fishing for bait for the tope and conger up at N Devon. The lady had the rod, swung it to the right and flicked it, the lure going exactly where she wanted it. Reeled in, swung left and her husband took the fish from the hook, Swung right again and the action was repeated time after time. Big smile on his face as last winter he spent £300 to £400 on mackerel for bait.

Back tomorrow evening with the fly.

• 3 weeks later...

Another 32 this evening but a very sad night as two 17yrs olds pulled from the harbour.I heard one young lad is stabel and the other i dont know, he was last to be pulled out and had been in the water about 90 minutes.Not fishing but larking about in the bay in a dinky on a hot sunny day.God bless them and hope everythings ok.

Edited by Davyo

Ive just put the rod on top of the motor and heading into work for 30mins then off to Roker Pier.Still catching well up North, 47 on Tuesday evening in a 2hr sesson.Four Indian gentlemen turned up and took 40 off me @ 50p each so paid for fuel and more daylights.

Edited by Davyo