Pigeons on Calabrese

fenboy

Just a short video of part of todays session on some Calabrese.

Plenty of birds about but it was hard work getting them to decoy.

I had two dogs in the hide for the first time today and clearly the youngster still needs some work as he kept trying to pinch birds of the older dog , so please excuse my shouting at him.

I finished with 41 shot and picked.

Nice outing there fenboy and a nice day for it. Is that crop getting finished ? it looks that way, if so its just how they like it. Some good days to come if they a bit slow discing it. Nice video, enjoyed it. :good:

Yes they have finished cutting it , so just a case of how long its left to see if I get another bash at it.

Your dogs look in lovely condition and both look as if they are thoroughly enjoying themselves , you can see all your training have certainly paid off . a nice video and some well taken shots fenboy .

I took Lakeside ( Alan ) yesterday afternoon for a shot or two and it was the first time my young dog had company in the hide , he behaved himself and didn't run in at all plus he even managed to find a couple in a wheat field behind us , the sun was very nice after all the rain and we picked 31 , so a nice way to pass the time on one of the rare dry days we have had lately

Your dogs look in lovely condition and both look as if they are thoroughly enjoying themselves , you can see all your training have certainly paid off . a nice video and some well taken shots fenboy .

I took Lakeside ( Alan ) yesterday afternoon for a shot or two and it was the first time my young dog had company in the hide , he behaved himself and didn't run in at all plus he even managed to find a couple in a wheat field behind us , the sun was very nice after all the rain and we picked 31 , so a nice way to pass the time on one of the rare dry days we have had lately

Sounds like your young dog did well marsh man , my older dog is a pain for running in , I just think I have it sorted and he starts doing it again.

What he lacks in good manners though he makes up with his game finding abilities .

Good shooting good dog work. The bonus is that at the end of the session you can just get down on your hands and knees and eat the crop you were shooting over.

Indeed ,I took some home for tea , there is plenty gets left behind.

• 4 weeks later...