Cantley EXIT POLL (norfolk)

ditchman

I AM STAGGERED

i have lived in this small village for years, it is made up of 2/3rds local people all related to each other and a 1/3rd people who have moved in..............i always vote and go to the village hall at the same time ...just after 10.....usually....no always there is only 1 person voting or it is empty and we stop and have a chat..........

go to the village hall this morning and i can only just get in the car park...i followed cars going in and there were cars going out...i had to queue to get my voting slip !!!!!!!

on the way out my mrs....shouted "rule Britannia"..........and was answered buy a big "HORRAY" and a good larf..........

i have seen people turn up that I KNOW FOR A FACT HAVE NEVER VOTED IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE

i wonder if the rest of the country is going to report similar findings

post you comments please

Do you think that Cantley is a representative sample for the UK as a whole?

Cantley when it comes to politics and voting can usually be described at best "as apathetic"............talking to the officer there.....more people had voted by 10 in the morning, than usually the whole day

couldnt by any stretch of ones imagination describe cantley as a broad cross section of the UK.....

it was also the attitude of the voters that struck me....almost rubbing their hands together with glee...as if to say "stuff you ..this is what i think".......most strange for around here

This is significant. If the Cantley experience is repeated again and again then I think it might throw up a surprise result. I'm still not sure the pollsters know what's going on. The methodologies are quite complicated and as we know open to considerable margin and error, numbers cannot just be extrapolated upwards. Lord Hayward (Tory pollster, remain) said on Newsnight that he was finding that people were not voting as expected by segmentation. That the 'record' number of voters registered is pretty much the same number as other elections, that is statistically no different, turnout has got to be key.

Whenever I've been to vote since i lived here, I've been the only one on the polling station. today the car park was rammed and cars were lining the lane. Hopefully people think this is as important as it really is.

Whatever the polls say, I still think Cameron is in for a bit of an eye-opener.

Mrs H & I had to wait to cast our votes this morning. Car park was very busy with a steady flow coming and going. The reason we had to wait was because the muppet in front of us didn't bring his polling card and, after much faffing by the admin, finally deduced he was at the wrong polling station. What a plonker. Was probably voting 'IN' anyway.

This morning I checked on oddschecker the odds on remain are 1/10 on some bookies and increasing as the day goes on.That is the highest they have been all campaign.

This is interesting, the raw data this week has been showing a higher numbers of bets for remain but a higher value of bets for leave, coupled with the bookies laying of and balancing their book, it's difficult to read anything into these stats (as all stats really).

I voted on way to work at 0740, and there were more people going in and out at that time than I have seen during the day for general elections! Couldn't believe it.

Met two folk whom I know for a fact have never bothered to vote in a GE ! Great stuff!

This is interesting, the raw data this week has been showing a higher numbers of bets for remain but a higher value of bets for leave, coupled with the bookies laying of and balancing their book, it's difficult to read anything into these stats (as all stats really).

Paddpower are now offering 7/1 on Brexit.

This morning I checked on oddschecker the odds on remain are 1/10 on some bookies and increasing as the day goes on.That is the highest they have been all campaign.

That's not true, I looked and it was 1/4 first thing this morning and 3/10 last night. It's going the other way .

Lots of whitefronts around cantley a few years ago, the day i went it was foggy so I never even got to see them although three 'geese' came and went out of the fog before I could raise a gun, which is probably a good thing as I rather suspect they were Beans.

just what I always associate Cantley with...that and a mahoosive sugar beet factory lol

The higher the odds the less likely the market deems the outcome to be.

If you believe the odds as a reliable indicator, then as a guide the odds have gone down from 33% chance of leaving yesterday - 25% chance before polls opened- and currently 13% chance of leaving (on Betfair).

Of course Leicester won the title at 5,000/1, but my point was just that what the previous poster wrote was not correct and very misleading. Right now the odds on leaving are the shortest they have been since the betting market opened on betfair - ie the people putting their money on it view it as less likely than ever.

With betting odds if the first number is lower than the second that generally indicates a heavy favourite. So in the case of it being 1/4 you would have to put £4 on to win £1 back (plus your initial stake). At 3/10 odds you`d win 30p for every £1 you staked. It`s what`s described as an odds on favourite.

Whereas if the odds were 4/1 you would win £4 for every £1 bet (plus your stake back)

I AM STAGGERED

i have lived in this small village for years, it is made up of 2/3rds local people all related to each other and a 1/3rd people who have moved in..............i always vote and go to the village hall at the same time ...just after 10.....usually....no always there is only 1 person voting or it is empty and we stop and have a chat..........

go to the village hall this morning and i can only just get in the car park...i followed cars going in and there were cars going out...i had to queue to get my voting slip !!!!!!!

on the way out my mrs....shouted "rule Britannia"..........and was answered buy a big "HORRAY" and a good larf..........

i have seen people turn up that I KNOW FOR A FACT HAVE NEVER VOTED IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE

i wonder if the rest of the country is going to report similar findings

post you comments please

How do Norfolk Folk even hold a pencil? They have webbed fingers don't they.

As a contrast to the good people of Cantley the rush to vote in my village has never happened. It may do yet, but all of those who wear pyjamas to take their children to school or who are unemployed and are sleeping off last nights drinking session have yet to make an appearance by all accounts.

Whether this is a more representative sample of the situation than Cantley I cannot say.

Went past our polling station this morning at 0730 (didn't vote - doing that later) and on a normal election there are one or two cars in the car park, today it was full with people parking on the road....so looks like a far bigger turn out than a normal election as people have string feelings and actually think they CAN make a difference this time