Just voted in

felly100

Appetite for change, are you totally deluded?

Sorry, that might have been clearer. I didn't mean that there is an appetite in Brussels (yet). However the very fact that the Far Right party whose roots are in the Nazi Party came within a whisker of power in Austria, and that deals with other parties was the only way French political establishments thwarted the FN shows that ordinary voters in other countries, not just the UK, are extremely dissatisfied with the EU's policy on things like migration.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YouGov on the day poll shows remain 52% and leave 48%.

Despite much of the rhetoric of the two campaigns if the margin is this tight then every political party needs to recognise that change has to happen with both domestic policy and in how we conduct our relationship with Europe.

The governing party of the day simply cannot ignore that half the electorate have massive dissatisfaction with the key campaign issues.

DC committed himself to no more than two terms a fair while ago so no change for him, however in this campaign I think Osbourne has ruled himself out from ever becoming a potential PM, I also suspect that he will last out one more cabinet re-shuffle and then be moved. In his own words he has shown himself to be a manipulative and vindictive chancellor (no surprise some may say) and will be an election liability if he continues in post.

Oh well looks like the murder of Joe Cox with a birthday celebated by a worldwide vigil a day before the vote hasn't been in vain, wonder who organised that and Dave Kelly's? RIP Joe and I reallly mean that.

Show some class man. Fair enough to be disappointed that others don't see the world your way, but that comment is out of order.

YouGov on the day poll shows remain 52% and leave 48%.

Despite much of the rhetoric of the two campaigns if the margin is this tight then every political party needs to recognise that change has to happen with both domestic policy and in how we conduct our relationship with Europe.

The governing party of the day simply cannot ignore that half the electorate have massive dissatisfaction with the key campaign issues.

DC committed himself to no more than two terms a fair while ago so no change for him, however in this campaign I think Osbourne has ruled himself out from ever becoming a potential PM, I also suspect that he will last out one more cabinet re-shuffle and then be moved. In his own words he has shown himself to be a manipulative and vindictive chancellor (no surprise some may say) and will be an election liability if he continues in post.

The problem is that if both major parties are inclined to ignore the electorate, as is likely, where do we go from there??

The problem is that if both major parties are inclined to ignore the electorate, as is likely, where do we go from there??

I think that ignoring the electorate is no longer an option. A new chapter is about to be written in British politics whatever way this vote goes

I hate to give anyone who wanted to leave false hope at this early stage of proceedings but my dispondent acceptance of the inevitable defeat, as just stired into quiet reserved optomisum. Time will tell. :)

sorry Tony wait till some of the mega voting blocks return at the moment its a few thousand in a few hours it will be hundreds of thousand and remain will surge ahead

Well i am still quietly confident and i must say suprised and at this moment in time very pleased for the uks future,

The expected %ages are far stronger for leave than ever anticipated, Hartlepool a massive around 40% stronger for leave there when they expected a much lower figure.

Its not as bad as i expected put it this way.

sorry Tony wait till some of the mega voting blocks return at the moment its a few thousand in a few hours it will be hundreds of thousand and remain will surge ahead

How's that little prediction going for you fella? :rolleyes:

How's that little prediction going for you fella? :rolleyes:

Too much coolade, but ill be truthfull i though we would still be in, But so wanted out, I would have been gutted if we had still been in, in fact we were ready for calling it a day here.

Look now :) New day and a Britain with a chance to put the great back in, thats got to be a good thing for everyone even the remain camp who will be eating a breakfast of humble pie today, at least some of them will.

I don't want to hex it, but all I can say is WOW!

I know what you mean but 28 seats left to declare and a 1.2 million lead. It really looks like it`s happened!

I wanted it but I thought Project Fear might win out. Well done to all those who had the faith to vote to leave :yahoo: