EU referendum results

Lloyd90

Oh well

For me it's quite a saddening time- I'm paid in Sterling and yet working overseas.

So, huge loss in income per month based on the current slide of Sterling,

The Pound is still stronger against the Euro than it was not so long ago.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must admit i never thought we'd have the balls.

Must admit while i'm happy with the predicted result i think it is very harsh on the folk who voted to remain esp if so close and really think u shuld need a 60/40 split for things as important as this as u really need a decent majority.

I know thins could change yet but the exchange rates are only a 10% fall at minute so its not massive fall

Sturgeon wants another bite at independencee as she's 100% geared up toward EU handouts...no question about it.

She'll need one hell of a wall putting up first & the only bricklayers in Scotland are Polish & probably more anti-EU than us!

How long will it take for the following;

1. A leadership battle within the Conservative party.

2. A new call for a referendum on the Scottish situation.

3. For the UK or elements of the UK to get out from EU control.

1. I think there could be a leadership challenge within a month, but its up to cameron to decide if he thinks he could work out the split with the EU, or if he need to leave it to some one else, i dont think the majority of the conservatives will want him out, but he could just bail out anyway.

2. She is already jesturing up for a try literaly before the votes were all counted. I do not know the procedure for calling a indipendent scotland vote, but im guessing they could well try within 6 months to a year.

I think the Scotish people may well not want another independent vote, dispite the way the voting went in the EU referendum.

If they have any srense they will stay with Us and not bother with a vote, but time will tell,

Salmond and her will give it their best shot though you can be sure of that.

3. could be two years at a guess.

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the lunertics have taken over the asylum

I am getting a T Shirt that says "Dont blame me i voted IN"

congratulations to the leave team you just screwed the country

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the lunertics have taken over the asylum

I am getting a T Shirt that says "Dont blame me i voted IN"

congratulations to the leave team you just screwed the country

You would be very brave to wear such a shirt!

not what i wanted but congrstulations to the Leave side, please please please please can we all work together god knows its going to be turbulant times ahaed, democrasy has spoken lets deal with and make the best of it

The pound will take an initial hit but there's a very good chance that it will bounce back as foreign investors scour the markets looking for deals.

Bigger questions surround the financial sector in London, and specifically those businesses that rely on the euro passport to trade freely. Who knows what will happen there?

It's exciting and terrifying times in equal measure, there's no doubt about that.

As for Scotland, I think one of the debaters on Paxman's show suggested to old fat-head that for Scotland to leave and rejoin the Euro they would have to accept the currency as well. Not such a dreamy proposition as the Scots might think.

One thing is for sure, no one knows what the outcome will be? Break up of the EU as we know it? Massive reform of its policies?

It is VERY interesting to see Tim Fallon, Leader of the Lib Dems castigating Jeremy Corbyn for not "delivering" the Labour voters

Yeah listened to this .the little weasel.the mans a joke,the majority have spoken now let's make the country great again,

Fallon is displaying the sort of dismissive and arrogant attitude towards the electorate that has plagued UK politics for 20 years.

How dare the electorate have the temerity to vote against the establishment

Edited by grrclark