Was the VHTV Spectre a flop?

malkiserow

These SFS modified HW 95s seem to have disappeared, were they a flop?

Was it the circa £800 price tag or just not good rifles ?

Edit to explain :

VHTV - VerminHunter Television/Sandwell Fieldsports designed gun

Edited by malkiserow

I wouldn't be surprised,

anyone who pot shots rabbits at 55yrds with a springer and then tells the you tubers about it when it even surprised himself and his shooting buddy should not in my eyes be listened too

there are far better rifles about for less money so its no wonder it flopped

got no time for the pair

I wouldn't be surprised,

anyone who pot shots rabbits at 55yrds with a springer and then tells the you tubers about it when it even surprised himself and his shooting buddy should not in my eyes be listened too

there are far better rifles about for less money so its no wonder it flopped

got no time for the pair

Have to agree. How many wounded rabbits did they have to go through to get those shots.

• 2 weeks later...

malkiserow, What makes you think they are a flop ? I don't think that to be the case just, the Imp and Snipe(99s) stealing the lime light. Tony has also just got a load of new stock in for Chieftains! :good:

Hunters vermin David does do some good videos but a lot lately have been older stuff he has dug out.

It would be nice to see anyone put in as much effort into a YouTube shooting channel that's SGC, RF & CF based with as much effort and time as Si & Davy do with VHTV. For me Field Sports Britain has worn thin now and just rubbish, its rare I watch it and I could quite happily see it fold. To much over seas shooting and Safari for my liking and I don't remember the last time I saw them raising money for UK charity's.

ATB

Matt

malkiserow, What makes you think they are a flop ? I don't think that to be the case just, the Imp and Snipe(99s) stealing the lime light. Tony has also just got a load of new stock in for Chieftains! :good:

Hunters vermin David does do some good videos but a lot lately have been older stuff he has dug out.

It would be nice to see anyone put in as much effort into a YouTube shooting channel that's SGC, RF & CF based with as much effort and time as Si & Davy do with VHTV. For me Field Sports Britain has worn thin now and just rubbish, its rare I watch it and I could quite happily see it fold. To much over seas shooting and Safari for my liking and I don't remember the last time I saw them raising money for UK charity's.

ATB

Matt

It is a genuine question as I've not come across those rifles being used or traded anywhere and they seem to have been around for 3 ish years, not really sure how long but for a while.

• 3 years later...
On 25/06/2016 at 07:38, winnie&bezza said:

Have to agree. How many wounded rabbits did they have to go through to get those shots.

i think you will find they are not pot shots. How many times dos the man have to show you on spinners and targets and keep winning comps for you to believe an ex army marksman could pull off a such a shot. Giles does it all the time on metal for the video. People just latch on to the report by someone who does not like hime. He can be  prickly that is all and he peed one of the lot who keep hounding him despite hours of footage and various testimony. To say cracking shot and exclaim at the distance does not mean you are surprised. In this instance he was showing what a new tuned springer is capable of with correct data. near an far using the chrono at two points and measuring exact bc and weighing pellets. Essentially ironing out the inconsistency