Breakdown of vote

Scully

I used those same words yesterday following sight of my step DiL's post on facebook inferring that those who voted OUT were stupid and zenophobic. This from someone who would be on holiday and asked my wife to proxy vote REMAIN for her and (step)son which she duly did. She's home today. My wife has asked that I don't comment. Well, we'll see.

I'm afraid it would be beyond me not to. :)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work with a lot of people in their mid to late 20s. They are intelligent and relatively well paid. When I got to work yesterday the office was in foul mouthed meltdown directed a the 'old Hitlers' that have now ruined the country. The consensus was that the EU protects these youngsters from unpopular laws that our government might pass and all we need is some very clever people to be in permanent charge of running the country as they see fit, and leave these young people to get on with enjoying life. Enjoying life is pubbing, clubbing, sitting at home playing computer games, going to Ibiza etc.

I work with a lot of people in their mid to late 20s. They are intelligent and relatively well paid. When I got to work yesterday the office was in foul mouthed meltdown directed a the 'old Hitlers' that have now ruined the country. The consensus was that the EU protects these youngsters from unpopular laws that our government might pass and all we need is some very clever people to be in permanent charge of running the country as they see fit, and leave these young people to get on with enjoying life. Enjoying life is pubbing, clubbing, sitting at home playing computer games, going to Ibiza etc.

Perhaps they could either GROW UP or alternatively book ONE WAY travel to Ibiza.

Perhaps they could either GROW UP or alternatively book ONE WAY travel to Ibiza.

Totally agree.

What I really took from it was not that they are pro EU but that they don't want to be bothered and keeping the EU status quo allows that.

i feel good about voting out,and even better since my son who is smart and a very succesfull business man told me him and his wife voted out,like others haave said i voted not to join common market but ive been stuck with it for 40 years.happy days for me

There are some 8 million people in the 18-24 year age group in the UK.

Of that 8 million 25% haven't registered, leaving 6 million eligible to vote.

Of that 6 million only 43% actually bothered to cast a ballot, which is 2.58 million votes.

Of that 2.58 million roughly 75% voted to remain in the EU. That's roughly 1.9 million votes for remain.

So, out of approximately 8 million possible votes for that age grouping the young remainiacs managed to poll just under 25% of their possible total.

Now, someone please remind me just how I, and other 'old' voters have ruined their futures? Christ, Cameron even extended the registration deadline for them!!

They have no-one to blame but themselves.

I originally voted not to go in and have since asked hundreds of people of my generation what they did and all but 1 person said like me that they had voted to not go in. In the intervening years not one single thing has made me want to change my mind..... from Auntie.

Guest topshot_2k

The 'young' generation in 1975 never got a say and have had 40 years of EU, They finally had their vote. I know plenty of younger voters who backed leave.

It doesn't help that the government spent a huge amount of their budget spamming them with pro remain propaganda rather than giving them the facts.

These new 'me, me, me' social media generation need to get a grip and accept that you some, you lose some in life.

There was a complete breakdown on the young vote tonight on Sky News tonight. It found that the leave vote were in the main low paid kids of low social background who in the main did not understand the results of leaving on the country. The young in voters were mainly educated kids who had a good grasp of ecomonic and world politics.

Guest topshot_2k

So what are people saying? Only the young, from a well off background get to vote?

The great thing about democracy is everyone has equal say, we must accept the result.

Edited by topshot_2k

It wasn't just the old that voted "leave", but also the uneducated.

Make of that what you will.

There has just been a former Cameron advisor on the news,

He gave the best reason I have heard up to now why Brexit won

"There has been nobody in Parliament representing the working class for over a generation and they are fed up and wanting to be heard"

:shaun:

There was a complete breakdown on the young vote tonight on Sky News tonight. It found that the leave vote were in the main low paid kids of low social background who in the main did not understand the results of leaving on the country. The young in voters were mainly educated kids who had a good grasp of ecomonic and world politics.

The young working class 'out' voters were suffering the reality of being in the EU, the young well off 'in' voters were quite happy with the opportunity to laze around drinking and playing video games like they did at uni, while they could impress pretty Eastern European girls with their good jobs and cash.

These "kids" were educated under a European system.

The kids under the new regime will be hyper-active , interested , involved and passionate. For the first time in years they will be able to influence what actually happens around them.

The young working class 'out' voters were suffering the reality of being in the EU, the young well off 'in' voters were quite happy with the opportunity to laze around drinking and playing video games like they did at uni, while they could impress pretty Eastern European girls with their good jobs and cash.

Good post.

These "kids" were educated under a European system.

The kids under the new regime will be hyper-active , interested , involved and passionate. For the first time in years they will be able to influence what actually happens around them.

:good:

And use lead shot in their 2&1/2" chambered guns. :innocent:

Apologies if you find a statement based on the polling personally insulting.

Well I don't apologise if you found my reply based on common sense offensive, there were many reasons people voted to stay and just as many people voted to leave, some very good ones posted above this. Face it you didn't get what you wanted and branding people who wanted to leave uneducated won't change a thing, you could always try throwing your teddy's around your bedroom, let us know how that goes for you?

Well I don't apologise if you found my reply based on common sense offensive, there were many reasons people voted to stay and just as many people voted to leave, some very good ones posted above this. Face it you didn't get what you wanted and branding people who wanted to leave uneducated won't change a thing, you could always try throwing your teddy's around your bedroom, let us know how that goes for you?

The apology was qualified, in that you were offended by being labelled "uneducated." Luckily, you were sharp enough to understand that...

The apology was qualified, in that you were offended by being labelled "uneducated." Luckily, you were sharp enough to understand that...

I fully understand what your implying, what you fail to understand is your being arrogant beyond belief to everyone who voted out, the same mistake that the in campaign made, maybe your not as smart as you seem to think?

The Working Class in this country are not represented anymore by the Islington never worked in their lives tosspots in the Labour Party. They still expect them to automatically vote for them though.

It is these poor **** who actually bear the brunt of EU and other Immigration, behind them in the queue for Social Housing, Education, lower paid jobs and the Health Service. That is why they voted out.