Breakdown of vote

Scully

Nope.. Lots of perfesdional people voted as well as the 18 yo 24 year olds as they saw staying in thr EU as a benefit and offer better opportunities rather than the threat of leavimg. There will still have the lions share of any opportunities.

But see being the EU as a better option.

You could still express concern as fear but it's not spun in the negative way as implied.

I think the professionals who voted to stay did it for selfish reasons. I've got a property portfolio that would have benefited from remaining in the EU, I voted out however and feel I will certainly lose money over it but I strongly feel that it will benefit average working people and feel democracy and the people who died protecting it is not up for sale. I've got enough money to live comfortably, its time the working classes of the country got some well overdue reward

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the professionals who voted to stay did it for selfish reasons. I've got a property portfolio that would have benefited from remaining in the EU, I voted out however and feel I will certainly lose money over it but I strongly feel that it will benefit average working people and feel democracy and the people who died protecting it is not up for sale. I've got enough money to live comfortably, its time the working classes of the country got some well overdue reward

Agreed. My colleagues who are claiming that we Brexiters are thick/racist or uneducated etc all earn in excess of £150,000 PA.

They have private medical, large houses and gold plated pensions. Their kids in the main, go to private schools. The reality of zero hours contracts, food banks, no school places, public services being inundated because you cannot plan accurate population numbers due EU free movement rules, escape them every time. The remainers don't get that their campaign of the haves, vilifying the have not's, was the most spectacular own goal in modern history.

Not withstanding the above, for me, UK sovereignty is not for sale...period.

Atb

2 very good posts guys, and for anyone trying to say leave voters are uneducated I think it's the opposite, the working masses have seen through the elites and privileged people's lies and are tired of being walked over because the plebs don't understand what's best for them.

Nope.. Lots of perfesdional people voted as well as the 18 yo 24 year olds as they saw staying in thr EU as a benefit and offer better opportunities rather than the threat of leavimg. There will still have the lions share of any opportunities.

But see being the EU as a better option.

You could still express concern as fear but it's not spun in the negative way as implied.

I'm interested to know who you would class as a 'professional' and exactly what benefits they would enjoy by being in an unreformed EU?

The statistics will only ever tell a little part of the story, I voted leave, I'm 34 so I fit into the younger voter bracket just about, I went to a grant maintained school in London, was doing A levels at fourteen, I have a degree, an IQ of 151 as tested by Mensa, (not that it means anything at all in the real world, really just means that I'm good at puzzles) as well as more professional qualifications in several different industries than will fit on my CV without it getting ridiculous and I'm currently doing more, I own my own home, two cars, a boat, money in the bank, and I'm wearing a white gold Rolex, if you cut me in half I would have middle class written through me like a stick of rock, but I believe in the necessity of a democratically government for everyone and the EU doesn't, never has, and never will provide it, I decided how I would vote in a referendum back when I was old enough to understand the implications of John Major signing the Maastricht treaty, neither campaign has influenced me in any way whatsoever.

If you put your trust in the statistics then I was a 99% certainty to vote remain.

Statistics and figures do tell you something, but they'll never tell you everything, the statistics may tell you that the uneducated voted leave, I'm educated and I voted leave, I'm not the exception that proves the rule, and the implication that you'd have to be stupid to vote leave is plainly false, I've worked in many different industries and met many people less educated than I am that did or didn't have the same advantages that I have had that were more intelligent and sharper than I will ever be, education doesn't in any way equal intelligence, you could spend a fortune sending an idiot to Eton and then to Oxford but they'll still be an idiot, they'll just be an educated one, looking down on someone because you are more educated than they are proves you to be that idiot.

What I really hope for the future is that the rest of the countries in the EU all leave it, leave the European Commission governing nothing more than their own building and paying their own bills and the same amount of tax as everyone else, and then we can all form a free trade deal with our neighbours both near and far that benefits everyone while subjugating no one as it should have been in the first place, the human race isn't ready for a single world government which is plainly what the EU was aiming for, a noble idea even if badly implemented, but we need to get used to each other, overcome all our differences and leave the unpleasant history and selfishness behind before we'll even be in the same volume, let alone on the same page.

Now that's where you went wrong! Bi-metallic rather than white gold :lol::lol: Sorry, have to try and make light of the debate. I am in a similar position (without the mensa bit) and voted out as well.

Oh this is good fun.

Thank **** we the uneducated hard working thick **** had the strength of character to vote OUT!

I watched the results come in and 99.9% of the traditional working class and rural/agricultural areas voted out.

SORE LOOSER

SORE LOOSER

Well SAID! But hang on...

After the last EU referendum, UKIP was formed and spent 25 years undermining the popular vote. (Could there be sorer "loosers"?)

Oh ****! This rank hypocrisy gig's hard, isn't it?

Edited by Granett

Well SAID! But hang on...

After the last EU referendum, UKIP was formed and spent 25 years undermining the popular vote. (Could there be sorer "loosers"?)

Oh ****! This rank hypocrisy gig's hard, isn't it?

UKIP was formed following us signing the Maastricht Treaty where there was no referendum . . . So exactly which popular vote was undermined?

Edited by Danger-Mouse

Errr, the vote to join. It's there. In what I said.

You seem to be trying to nitpick like a politician. Are you seriously arguing that UKIP wasn't against the vote to join the EU? Staggering.

I can't use the eye roll emoticon typing on my phone.

Edited by Granett

You seem to be trying to nitpick like a politician. Are you seriously arguing that UKIP was against the vote to join the EU?

There was no vote to join the EU, the EU was formed by the signing of the Maastricht treaty, the vote many years before that was to join the EEC, a very different animal, and happened around two years after we actually joined, many countries had a referendum on whether to sign the Maastricht treaty, we didn't, and should have. Edited by Jamesey1981

It wasn't just the old that voted "leave", but also the uneducated.

Make of that what you will.

How dare you suggest Leave voters aren't the brightest?!

Meanwhile, in Barnsley:-

"Unidentified man interviewed by Channel 4 News in Barnsley, north England, who voted to Leave the EU to stop Muslims coming in from "Africa, Syria, Iraq"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpnbSZGlhq4

"Unidentified man interviewed by Channel 4 News in Barnsley, north England, who voted to Leave the EU to stop Muslims coming in from "Africa, Syria, Iraq"

I would post a video to suggest that remain voters aren't the brightest either, but there's no need as your posts are doing that just fine.

Thankfully the idiots on your side and the idiots on mine will have cancelled each other out and the people with enough sense to decide voted leave.

Edited by Jamesey1981

The vote to join what? Do you mean the vote to join the EEC back in 1975? We haven't had a referendum regarding the EU until last Thursday as far as I know.

There was no vote to join the EU, the EU was formed by the signing of the Maastricht treaty, the vote many years before that was to join the EEC, a very different animal, and happened around two years after we actually joined, many countries had a referendum on whether to sign the Maastricht treaty, we didn't, and should have.

Such politician-like nitpicking! You squirm more than Boris! Did UKIP do a good job by undermining the UKs position in order to get their way, and why should those who voted remain do any differently?

And before I get criticised for it, when you line up to make the "It's different because one was what I wanted and one was what I didn't want" arguments it's hard to see them all. Imagine being at a circus and having the clown troop firing foam balls at you. Some of them will get through.

I would post a video to suggest that remain voters aren't the brightest either, but there's no need as your posts are doing that just fine.

Oh, the old "No, you are" argument - checkmate!

Well done you for finding an extreme example, there was a woman on the radio said she voted to stay in so that when her child grew up it would be allowed to travel to Europe.

An example of a voter just as thick as yours.

Seriously? How could you?

Meanwhile, nationally:-

1.1 million regret voting for Brexit

Did you even read that article or only the headline before posting it?

It also says that over 696,000 regret voting remain, so doesn't go that far to proving your point.

That's me done anyway, I'm not going to waste any more time arguing with you as you have shown pretty clearly that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Such politician-like nitpicking! You squirm more than Boris! Did UKIP do a good job by undermining the UKs position in order to get their way, and why should those who voted remain do any differently?

And before I get criticised for it, when you line up to make the "It's different because one was what I wanted and one was what I didn't want" arguments it's hard to see them all. Imagine being at a circus and having the clown troop firing foam balls at you. Some of them will get through.

Oh, the old "No, you are" argument - checkmate!

What on earth are you on about? You ask if UKIP undermined the vote to join, but can't seem to explain what it was we joined, and then when it is pointed out to you we haven't voted to join anything except the EEC, long before the formation of UKIP, you totally ignore that point and come up with something that you claim shows an example of how bright some folk are ! Have you heard the term pot and kettle?

You seem to be trying to nitpick like a politician. Are you seriously arguing that UKIP wasn't against the vote to join the EU? Staggering.

There was no public vote/referendum about Maastricht, at least not here. That`s not nit picking it`s a fact. If you`d done your research you`d know that. And how could a party that didn`t exist in 1973/1991 be against joining the EU. . . Staggering :rolleyes:

I`ve given you a fair bit of my time over the course of this debate but I think that`s coming to an end.

We, the public, voted.

You lost.

Suck it up and stop complaining.

If you love the EU so much then sod off and live in part of it.

It wasn't just the old that voted "leave", but also the uneducated.

Make of that what you will.

Honestly, without any evidence to back your claim?

Meanwhile, at the top:-

Video evidence emerges of Nigel Farage pledging EU millions for NHS weeks before Brexit vote

The Ukip leader distanced himself from the pledge just hours after EU referendum results became known

Video evidence has emerged of Nigel Farage saying EU cash should be spent on the National Health Service after Brexit.

The Ukip leader on Friday morning denied having endorsed a pledge to spend Britain’s EU contribution on the NHS just hours after the referendum results came in.

He told ITV’s Good Morning Britain that the pledge came from others in the Leave campaign and that it was their “mistake” to loudly earmark £350 million for the health service during the campaign.

nigel_farage.png

However footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June – just weeks before the referendum –shows the Ukip leader claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.

“Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million a week is wrong, it’s higher than that,” he told the programme’s audience.

“FACT – absolute fact – from the official statistics cross-checked from the EU: we pay £55 million a day as a contribution. Some of that is the rebate which doesn’t go but our gross contribution is £55 million a day.”

“We should spend that money here, in our own country, on our own people,” he added.

When subsequently challenged by an audience member who said he advocated an insurance system and did not “believe in the NHS”, he said:

“Do you know what I’d like to do with the £10 billion? I’d like that £10 billion to be spent helping the communities in Britain that [the] Government damaged so badly by opening up the doors to former communist countries. What people need is schools, hospitals, and GPs. That’s what they need.”

On Good Morning Britain on results day, Mr Farage however said: “No, I can’t [guarantee the money would go to the NHS]. I would never have made that claim.