Breakdown of vote

Scully

I am English and do not think Germans and Russians should say how my country is run in the same way that I should not have any say in who runs Germany or Russia. They have their country and I have mine. though farage whet to lengths to cover up that he comes from a German country and is the Great , great granson of a German immigrant.

Farage was born in the UK which alone makes him British, the fact (by your own admission) that his father, grandfather and great grandfather were also born here makes your argument absurd, his grandfather also fought against Germany during WW2, he's as British as you can get, you may as well call most of the UK population Roman and Viking.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am English and do not think Germans and Russians should say how my country is run in the same way that I should not have any say in who runs Germany or Russia. They have their country and I have mine. though farage whet to lengths to cover up that he comes from a German country and is the Great , great granson of a German immigrant.

The irony of this post is priceless.

Farage was born in the UK which alone makes him British, the fact (by your own admission) that his father, grandfather and great grandfather were also born here makes your argument absurd, his grandfather also fought against Germany during WW2, he's as British as you can get, you may as well call most of the UK population Roman and Viking.

That's funny - I didn't hear you saying that when Rodp was banging on about "White English... the ones born and bred here ... the ones whose country this is".

That's funny - I didn't hear you saying that when Rodp was banging on about "White English... the ones born and bred here ... the ones whose country this is".

I don't believe those exact words were used, but I've made my views perfectly clear on a thread that was locked so what are you trying to imply? are you trying to get another thread locked?

I don't believe those exact words were used, but I've made my views perfectly clear on a thread that was locked so what are you trying to imply? are you trying to get another thread locked?

Threads are being locked because Off Topic is swamped with near-identical conversations on broadly the same theme, not necessarily because of content that breaks the rules, as was explained in Cranfield's pinned topic in this section.

Jeez - go and look - you know what was said.

Meanwhile, in the Brexit heartlands:-

Regions with the biggest votes for Leave are also the most economically dependent on the EU http://on.ft.com/28V7FO6

Well once out if the UK government decides to spend the old EU budget on the exact same areas they'll get even more money instead of it going to prop inefficient eu business up so I still don't see a problem

The EU was never perfect in fact I dislike it , but it is a club you have to be in if you want a decent standard of living, and i dislike non English people destroying what was a very successful relationship. Just think back to what this country was like before we joined, millions unemployed, unions dictating to the country, a 3 day working week, no power for several hours on several night of the week. Now look at the country we had just before the vote last week, almost full employment, a good standard of living and a strong country. We have been fooled to come out of the EU and already we are slipping back to the bad old days. Our standard of living is set to crash with the falling pound. Whats the point of being able to run your own country if its going to go down the pan.

Edited by anser2

Well once out if the UK government decides to spend the old EU budget on the exact same areas they'll get even more money instead of it going to prop inefficient eu business up so I still don't see a problem

Care to put a endstop date on that premise? By what time should those areas expect to see equal funding before that proves false?

(Oh and Rodp's comment (as part of a larger post) exactly was: "Both of these are now affecting white English .......... you know ............ the folk who's country this actually is, the one's born and bred here."

And then later you quoted his entire post and commented that:=

"You beet me to it with this, I and alot of UK people don't need stats, they only need to walk through certain areas, walk into a school, hospital, prison, job centre etc,ect,ect to see the impact its had on the country, I'm all for immigration but it should be who we as the UK people decide, not who were told to take by unelected figures in other countries. "

It should be fine to quote those because it was only when I refused to recognise them as a "belief" which I should "respect" that a moderator stepped in and warned me.)

Edited by Granett

Well done. You're sinking into the ranks. Here's a card for you to laminate and post to school children.

14680062-large.jpg

"Suck it up and stop complaining" is exactly what your idol did not do. Surely you would not be so hypocritical as to deny Remain voters the same "luxury" of doing everything possible to undermine the UK's position in order to "save the country from itself"?

I`m afraid it`s you that`s sinking into the ranks by implying that I`m a racist. I`ve told you on numerous occasions that my main priority and only real issue with the EU is sovereignty and democracy. Whilst I believe there are issues with uncontrolled immigration I have nothing against any particular race, colour or creed. Indeed I spent much of last night and this morning talking with a Serbian friend of mine about the referendum and explaining exactly how our political system works.

I don`t have idols. Never really been one for adoring people I don`t know personally. Even as a kid I wasn`t one to plaster my walls with posters of the latest pop star or band I liked. Truth be told there are bands out there who produce music I love and yet I couldn`t name a single member of the band. But I digress slightly . . .

What Farage did was campaign for many years to give the British people a chance to democratically vote on whether we should be in the EU. Last week the public were given that chance and they voted out. The full process of that decision has not yet been followed through. Once it has, if you want to spend the next decade or two forming and leading a political party to try and reverse that decision in a democratic manner then go for it. However to, in your own words, "undermine" a democratic decision before it is even carried out is wrong. Your expression of "everything possible" implies no boundaries, by any means necessary, no matter how underhand, and again that`s wrong.

Neither party in this affair has exactly told the truth at all times. For every lie or half-truth told by Leave I can undoubtedly find one by Remain. Whichever side won there were going to be issues with what they appeared to say. They`re all politicians, they all flatter to deceive. If you don`t know that by now then you`re rather naive.

The EU was never perfect in fact I dislike it , but it is a club you have to be in if you want a decent standard of living, and i dislike non English people destroying what was a very successful relationship. Just think back to what this country was like before we joined, millions unemployed, unions dictating to the country, a 3 day working week, no power for several hours on several night of the week. Now look at the country we had just before the vote last week, almost full employment, a good standard of living and a strong country. We have been fooled to come out of the EU and already we are slipping back to the bad old days. Our standard of living is set to crash with the falling pound. Whats the point of being able to run your own country if its going to go down the pan.

You refer to your dislike of 'non English people' again. Isn't this racism? I'm assuming you refer to Farage again? I'm still saying he is not German and eagerly await your proof he is, and positively oozing with eagerness to know what it is you allude to that he 'covered up'. Do you think there's any chance you can do this? Tomorrow will do; I'm off to bed now.

I`m afraid it`s you that`s sinking into the ranks by implying that I`m a racist. I`ve told you on numerous occasions that my main priority and only real issue with the EU is sovereignty and democracy. Whilst I believe there are issues with uncontrolled immigration I have nothing against any particular race, colour or creed. Indeed I spent much of last night and this morning talking with a Serbian friend of mine about the referendum and explaining exactly how our political system works.

I don`t have idols. Never really been one for adoring people I don`t know personally. Even as a kid I wasn`t one to plaster my walls with posters of the latest pop star or band I liked. Truth be told there are bands out there who produce music I love and yet I couldn`t name a single member of the band. But I digress slightly . . .

What Farage did was campaign for many years to give the British people a chance to democratically vote on whether we should be in the EU. Last week the public were given that chance and they voted out. The full process of that decision has not yet been followed through. Once it has, if you want to spend the next decade or two forming and leading a political party to try and reverse that decision in a democratic manner then go for it. However to, in your own words, "undermine" a democratic decision before it is even carried out is wrong. Your expression of "everything possible" implies no boundaries, by any means necessary, no matter how underhand, and again that`s wrong.

Neither party in this affair has exactly told the truth at all times. For every lie or half-truth told by Leave I can undoubtedly find one by Remain. Whichever side won there were going to be issues with what they appeared to say. They`re all politicians, they all flatter to deceive. If you don`t know that by now then you`re rather naive.

Wow, what an about-turn! Now you've retreated to "they're all as bad as each other".

Interesting to see you say you'd be okay with UKIP-esque undermining of this result. Markedly different from the "Suck it up" you posted before.

Well done. You're sinking into the ranks. Here's a card for you to laminate and post to school children.

14680062-large.jpg

Wow, what a nasty piece of work you are.

I'll answer your question when you can tell me what the hell you're on about.

Meanwhile, in Wales:-

“What’s the EU ever done for us?” Zak Kelly, 21, asks me this standing next to a brand new complex of buildings and facilities that wouldn’t look out of place in Canary Wharf. “Well, I know … they built all this,” he says.

Wow, what a nasty piece of work you are.

I'll answer your question when you can tell me what the hell you're on about.

That's right. It's not the person posting those through the doors of the homes of school children, it's the person pointing out to you how much you've emboldened racism and bigotry.

:rolleyes:

Care to put a endstop date on that premise? By what time should those areas expect to see equal funding before that proves false?

(Oh and Rodp's comment (as part of a larger post) exactly was: "Both of these are now affecting white English .......... you know ............ the folk who's country this actually is, the one's born and bred here."

And then later you quoted his entire post and commented that:=

"You beet me to it with this, I and alot of UK people don't need stats, they only need to walk through certain areas, walk into a school, hospital, prison, job centre etc,ect,ect to see the impact its had on the country, I'm all for immigration but it should be who we as the UK people decide, not who were told to take by unelected figures in other countries. "

It should be fine to quote those because it was only when I refused to recognise them as a "belief" which I should "respect" that a moderator stepped in and warned me.)

No I nor anyone else can put a date on that at present, nor can they put a date on when the funding will stop, we're still a member of the EU and probably will be for some time.

As for your quote you have quoted me out of context, I already explained my position and reasoning on the other thread and am not going back over it. You've obviously read the rest of that thread so what exactly are you implying?

That's right. It's not the person posting those through the doors of the homes of school children, it's the person pointing out to you how much you've emboldened racism and bigotry.

:rolleyes:

You posted pictures of them; are you telling us they're not yours?

He is not German! And even if he was German whats that got to do with anything, he is over here now a british citizen, my wife is Italian born in turin but she moved here 41 years ago and is british now apart from her birth, and she voted out.

Where a person is born or his or her parents are cborn is irelivent here.