AC Cobra replicas - scratching the V8 itch

Mungler

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many Moons ago we very nearly bought a Dodge Viper replica. The thing was almost complete, just needing trimming and a few of the lights wiring. The guy had spent a small fortune as it had a fully rebuilt 5.7 V8, brand new gearbox and genuine wheels. It had the chrome side pipes with heat sinks and sounded like Thor gargling with nails. It only had one flaw and that was if you were over 5ft 8 there was no way you could change gear. The clutch was leg ditheringly heavy too but the noise!!!!

We then looked at a Dax Cobra replica with a 440CUi V8. It was in Black, which is a cack colour for a Cobra, with a red leather interior. Again it sounded the mutts but unfortunately it had fixed bucket seats and I don't have a bucket seat a.r.s.e

Having looked at a lot of Cobra replicas, the DAX was one of the best. I've no idea what kit the Viper was but I do know the gearbox was the old Renault 25 V6 unit, which are like hens teeth.

We ended up buying a boat instead :lol: . A great way to hemorrhage money :yes:

Edited by canthitathing

My friend has just brought a countach replica with a 400ci chewy engine and the rare Renault gearbox, it's all made underneath from cheap steel box section and I imagine the entire car would become a crumple zone in an accident, if anyone fancies scratching their itch I have an extremely rare 30th anniversary Camaro SS........