How did we all get on today

Mungler

I shouldn't bother, I asked the Mung to bring me some but they never turned up.

Still you could always give some to Markio if he wouldn't mind and I'll pick them up from him after the Tendring show.

Cheers

Martin

No problem.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get this back on topic... :rolleyes:

Shot 23/25 at ABT last night at cupid green. Tried using 1/4 & 3/4 with 7.5 shot. worked a treat. Only managed 20/25 twice at skeet though :rolleyes:

Oh, and some **** walked off with my mobile phone so the pleasure was tainted a bit :good:

Walked off as in never to be seen again?

Looks like it. I had it with me when I arrived. Shot for about an hour, got in the car, drove home and realised it was missing as I unloaded the car. Rang it and it was switched off (I never turn it off). Drove back the the shooting ground thinking I must have dropped it and maybe run over it but it wasn't to be seen. Someone must have picked it up. There were only 10 of us there. Leaves a nasty taste.

To get this back on topic... :rolleyes:

Shot 23/25 at ABT last night at cupid green. Tried using 1/4 & 3/4 with 7.5 shot. worked a treat. Only managed 20/25 twice at skeet though :rolleyes:

Oh, and some **** walked off with my mobile phone so the pleasure was tainted a bit :good:

Well done Gully, Pin is getting seriously worried by your obviously improving form..!!

A word of advice on mobile phones, turn them off when you get to the ground and lock them in your car, that way you won't be upset if yours rings just as the next guy on the squad is about to ball up his 100th ex 100 bird..!!

All the best,

Cat.

I have refound my form at last,

After 3 disastrous shoots I have managed to get back to my average.

On tuesday night I shot a local 30 bird shoot and finished HG on 26, and last night I shot a 50 birder and finished 3rd on 41. Last night should have been a 43 but on the last stand of high teal the first pair I missed by miles, I don't really know what I was thinking when I pulled the trigger as I wasn't even in the same county as the pair of birds ;)

Still I was pleased to beat my arch nemesis at the club, (who incidentally has just become Sportrap county champion) Perhaps I ought to think about shooting some competitions :no:

:good: I did : 39 ex 50 , 39 ex 50 and then 40 ex 50, drew with a guy in A so have to have a shoot off next weekend!!!, Consistent I know, but i missed some silly birds, wierd thing is i did well on some nasty little double battues type things, 7, then 8 then 9 in the last round.

Munglar did his usual and got a 48ex50 , and a 45 with his new winchester pump action!!!!! and Loiusvalentine....well, lets just say he was missing his blazer!!!

The ones I had most trouble with were the blue ones against briefly blue skies! :good:

I shot my local tuesday evening shoot last night and what a complete cock up it was.

We were one of the 1st squads out and we had to wait twice while the traps were refilled, we also ended up shooting 46 birds :good: as the 3 people that set the course either weren't talking to each other or just can't count.

We ended up with 7 stand, when there is normally only 6. We should have 4 stands of 6 and 4 stands of 8 making a 40 birder, we ended up with 5 stands of 6.

Still it was only a bit of fun and I ended up with 39/46, after being put under a bit of pressure by my mate Nigel who some of you will have met at Lakenheath. He was one bird ahead after four stands. he finished on 30/46 I believe and he has only been shooting for a few months. He has started to use World Cup cartridges so it proves they work at least.

I also had a go with a Winchester SX3 auto and what a gun that is :good: , it is fast and pointable and is 31/2" chambered and completely synthetic, even the barrel and action has a special anti rust coating.

I feel a change from a Beretta coming on.

Went to Southern Counties yesterday for the Wiltshire, Dorset and Somerset County All Round Championships. I've never shot all round before but 5 of us went for a day out. It was also the Double Trap Champs too. I know my limitations so I wasn't in the slightest bit tempted to shoot 150 Double Trap but the boys did. They all scored around the 80% mark but they were struggling to stay focused towards the end.

The All Round was 25 Single Barrell 25 ABT 25 Skeet and 25 Sporting. Single Barrell went resonably well I scored 21, tried to remember to keep my mind focused and only to put one cartridge in the gun, nearly made a couple of mistakes there. Then on to ABT I started ok although for some reason my voice wasn't being picked up by the mike which is suprising because I'm not a quiet person. I started missing on a few stands and then I started thinking about what I was having for dinner and what I needed to do for work this week and that was it, only hit 12 out of 25. Lordy! just couldn't get my act together at all on that layout. On to the Skeet and a trusty box of 9s and I scored 23. Missed two silly low birds on station 2 and 6 which I was annoyed about. Then finished on the sporting with 21. Final score was 77 which I was very pleased with considering the **** ABT layout. I've never shot SB or ABT before and it was really enjoyable to shoot something different. The three boys in our squad scored 88, 87 and 76 and my friend who's only been shooting since November scored 45. She was quite upset to score that but I think that was a fantastic effort and once we'd looked at the master score board she realised she'd done really well. All in all a great day out in the sunshine with some nice people.

My next shoot is the British Open Skeet in a couple of weeks time so I need to get a little practice in between now and then.

A superb score on all but the ABT, still, if you've never shot ABT before, the first time can be a bit daunting.

You've really got to attack those targets, they don't need much lead provided you're swinging the gun pretty quickly, as soon as you swing through the target, pull the trigger, and yet another ball of dust, (that's the theory). :lol:

Hmmm, 23 on the skeet eh, I shall have to watch out at the British if you're shooting scores like that..!! :yes:

Cat.

Jonsey

i met your clan again at Wylye last week, where were you? your lady friend was shooting well there too.

good luck in the open, give the cat man a run for his money

TP

ps

shot Upavon also, nice shoot that shall return

Hi TP

Were they behaving themselves?

I went to a family wedding in Leicestershire so couldn't shoot it.

My friend shot 51 at Wylye, it's the first time she's scored over 50% at a registered shoot so she was really happy.

Yeah Upavon is a nice ground, trouble is they don't change the targets there enough. I've shot there twice this summer and both times around half of the shoot has been put on before. Then you can go there for practice a couple of weeks later and the same layout is on. It's stopped me from going there now.

Did you shoot well?

Jonsey