Best value for money Mod

rodp

Right gents, been looking for a .204 complete set up for ages, preferably wood and blued. However, due to there being nothing about and this incessant rain I may (just possibly) buy a new synthetic and stainless. I hate getting rifles wet, it gives me grief. So my thinking is synthetic and stainless is ideal for rainy days and the hour long trip home , yes?

If I go this route, and it's not confirmed yet as I don't really like synthetics, what would be the best value mod to stick on it, sort of bang for buck (or more like lack of bang for buck)

So, two questions really, any views on them?

Cheers

I'll have a look in local dealers and see what offers are about on a .204 rifle first, then check out the mods. Thanks for the ideas gents, something to go on now.

Have a look at 2nd hand.

Very little about in .204, very little.

Wildcat evo on my t3 .204 with a .223 baffle stack, very happy with it. Quiet, light and £200.

Noticeably quieter again with a 20cal specific baffle, I had the 22 one which I had on my Ackley then used on the 204, recently bought the 20 cal and as said it is quieter still

Noticeably quieter again with a 20cal specific baffle, I had the 22 one which I had on my Ackley then used on the 204, recently bought the 20 cal and as said it is quieter still

Worth noting :good:

Went in to Sandwell Field Sports today as I was passing (well, it was a big detour really ) :lol: The conversation went something like this.

Walks in and said "thinking of a .204 as I have an empty slot for one, think it's about time I filled it". Bloke behind the counter says don't think we have one, but got a .270 ??? . No, I want .204 because that's what the slot is. He wanders off to the office and returns to say they haven't got one in. I stood there a second or two waiting for him to ask what make so they could price up ordering one but nothing, zero, he just looked at me ???Ok I said, you haven't got one in so that's it ? Yep, he says.

I walked out, I'll just go to another dealer with my money.

Rod, I've never tried a Wildcat Evo but would certainly look at the Swift Nightingale..... and you can pick one up easily from the workshop in Bromsgrove. Richard Pope is a top fella :good:

Wasn't he something to do with Venom, along with Ivan what's his name?

Wasn't he something to do with Venom, along with Ivan what's his name?

Nah, that was Steve Pope who is based in the Blackcountry and does air guns...... top fella.

Richard Pope is of Swift Precision Rifles and is no relation of Steve Pope. Both great engineers :good: