Brexit - Merged Threads

mick miller

Thing is, we're still in the EU and will be for about 2 years, so whilst there's market uncertainty with the notice to quit, nothing much has really changed, and indeed the early over-reaction of the markets is reversing with Sterling climbing back up and stock prices still quite healthy.

The announcement of a new PM has helped calm the markets and things ought to steadily improve until such time as Article 50 is triggered when all the doom and gloom merchants and economists will talk the economy back down again. We'll have a repeat of what's just happened before new trade deals (however good or bad) happen after which things will calm themselves again.

Meantime, with the deflated pound, investment in UK goods will likely continue increasing, and once trade deals happen, investment in Sterling will happen before the pound, eventually, rises above its current position. It may never recover to where it was, (unlikely anyway) but it should stabilise.

Things will work out and meantime we're out of that mad-house run by fanatics hell bent on forcing a new EU Government into power.

Edited by Savhmr

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you needed a crystal ball to see that a Brexit vote would have financial markets bouncing around. That's like saying if you pull a tooth out its going to bleed. You are still better off without the tooth

Use the crystal ball instead to look at what the EU will be like in 5 years time and ask yourself would you want to be still in?

That was my main argument. We knew the future if we stayed inside the EU and that was far more frightening than what might happen if we left.

If I understand it properly, for the princely sum of three quid each we can all vote to keep Corbyn as party leader and therefore ensure Labour are unelectable for the foreseeable future. Sounds like value for money to me.👍

Careful what you wish for. I personally think it's a bad idea.

1. I wouldn't give labour the **** off my shoe. Let alone £3.

2. The public can't be trusted. Imagine how bad things would be if he made pm.

Granett - you say a lot, but say nothing which makes any sense. Perhaps on Planet Granett, occupants hang on your every word, but not here. :no:

Theresa May's reputation will hang on how successfully she implements Brexit. The sooner the better, so we can continue to reap the benefits of getting out of the shambles that is the EU.
:good:
Nail your colours to the mast - do you think that Corbyn could win a General Election? Judgement on your mental well-being rests on your answer. :whistling:

Corbyn win a General Election?​ Not on your nelly has he got a chance, the shame is and I hate Labour with a passion ,but every government needs a good opposition , not a free ride that is bad for the whole country.

Edited by muncher

Juncker has written to May congratulating her on the new promotion and asking about when she intends to trigger Article 50. I really hope that she replies: "When I am good and ready!" That would really send them the right message.

I can't see Boris lasting long in that role. I think this is a case of having to give him something and better that he's 'out and about' touring foreign countries and fluffing up trade deals than left to his own devices at Westminster and having time to plot. Eventually he'll make a big enough boo-boo to lose the position and be relegated to the back benches once again. Then cue the return of Osborne (he really wanted that role for himself from what has been said).

Edited by mick miller

Can't see Corbyn winning a GE ever, no.

Now I've answered that, 12gauge82, can you find time between all your invaluable "+1" contributions to tell us what you do for a living?

Since I correctly guessed your profession, its only fair that I'll confirm mine, if you guess it right, I don't see why you want to know?

I'm not a Tory voter, and I voted in, but I have to say that David Davis is a great choice to manage the brexit, although I thought Andrea Leadsom would get that gig.

I think that Davis was a good choice too, but Leadsom? A woman who's lied on her CV more than once and been caught out, a woman who has not really shone in any department and by all accounts when working for a "major City finance institution" was actually in charge of payroll....except not exactly...she was in charge of deciding remuneration packages but otherwise had no financial responsibilities because she wasn't up to the job. I'm glad that she's slunk back into obscurity for now. Running the country isn't a game...oh wait, Boris is Foreign Secretary :hmm:

Edited by Savhmr

I think that Davis was a good choice too, but Leadsom? A woman who's lied on her CV more than once and been caught out, a woman who has not really shone in any department and by all accounts when working for a "major City finance institution" was actually in charge of payroll....except not exactly...she was in charge of deciding remuneration packages but otherwise had no financial responsibilities because she wasn't up to the job. I'm glad that she's slunk back into obscurity for now. Running the country isn't a game...oh wait, Boris is Foreign Secretary :hmm:

I spoke to Andrea Leadsom the other day. She said "I don't know what all the fuss is about regarding my CV. I never got interrogated like this when I was an astronaut".

I think Boris Johnson is a good choice as Foreign Secretary.

Now I've answered that, 12gauge82, can you find time between all your invaluable "+1" contributions to tell us what you do for a living?

What difference would it make to you ?

Are you waiting for him to say 'Im a professional racist' so you could say 'BOOM!' again ?

At what point are you going to realise that Brexit is not going to be the end of the world ,and could actually be a good thing for this country ?

At what point are you going to realise that the EU has not got the good of the people as its mission ?

The dark predictions of the Remainians are not materialising,how do you feel about that ?

Just because someone says something, doesnt mean its true,surely you should know that ?

So theres a few questions for you, lets see what dismissive answers (thats if you even have the guts to answer) you come up with for those.