Brexit - Merged Threads

mick miller

I'm certain if we went to another referendum because of the close margin, brexit would be battered.

I reckon it's underestimated how many people used this as a protest vote and filled their pants when the result came in.....Including the brexit political champions

Edited by kyska

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certain if we went to another referendum because of the close margin, brexit would be battered.

I reckon it's underestimated how many people used this as a protest vote and filled their pants when the result came in.....Including the brexit political champions

The fact is we'll never know. Having spoken to many remainers, they have all, without exception given only one reason to remain, and that was financial security, and the fear of how it would be affected if we came out.

Having spoken to many leavers also, their reasons have been wide and varied, from democracy, sovereignty, immigration, settling old scores against the establishment and losing their national identity. Rightly or wrongly those reasons are valid and justified to those individuals who made them, on both sides of the argument.

Cameron has indeed passed the buck,but he needs to either step aside now,and let someone else trigger article 50,or trigger it himself like he said he would do,either way he needs to DO HIS JOB ,or lose all credibility.

Under our Constitution it is a requirement of Parliament to authorise the Prime minister to enact Article 50, not the prime Minister or the government to act without recourse to Parliament - i.e there has to be legislation put before parliament before we can Now whether it is done as a free vote of down to party lines we will have to wait and see.As to when this will be is any ones guess - most likely after a General Election should that happen

Additionally as we are Representative Democracy parliament is not bound by the results of a referendum either. Their duty as our elected representatives is to act in what they feel is our best interest.

Edited by MrM

The media need to get out of dodge on this brexit stuff, its clouding the waters, finding out whats fact and whats the evil ranting of some shifdtless remainer is getting hard to differentiate.

The claims and counter claims are so wide and so adverse in nature its starting to get amusing.

Eventualy the hysteria will die down some thing else will steal the limelight hopefully and then as things develop in their own time we will go through the devorce procedure from the EU, im guessing it will take the full two years from starting the procedure, which aparently is all the EU are obliged to do, any extension of this time scale has to be with ALL member nations aproval, so cameron resigning is giving us a little time untill he is replaced, the EU meeting tonight might throw up some more news, we must wait and see for this.

There doesn't have to be a General Election. The Conservative Party just need to elect a new leader.

I honestly thought they would have called a general ellection, it would have been the right thing to do in my opinion.

BUT! OZZY is rooted by the looks of it he is going no where, his retoric in his speach this AM has saved his skin which like all snakes like him he will shed very soon.

So now its anyones guess if they will call an ellection or not .

This conservative sittuation is not looking very good at the moment, i fear a ill chosen leader could be the next bit of bad news we get.

Its cgot to be Johnson now there is no one else now OZZY is cukooing his way into history for far longer than he should.

Sadly I think I will that Britexit will happen , but perhaps someone will find a way to stop the ruin of our country. But even if we we do stay in the leave side have so seriously damaged our country that we will never again be in at the top table of the EU as we used to be.

Edited by anser2

I honestly thought they would have called a general ellection, it would have been the right thing to do in my opinion.

BUT! OZZY is rooted by the looks of it he is going no where, his retoric in his speach this AM has saved his skin which like all snakes like him he will shed very soon.

So now its anyones guess if they will call an ellection or not .

This conservative sittuation is not looking very good at the moment, i fear a ill chosen leader could be the next bit of bad news we get.

Its cgot to be Johnson now there is no one else now OZZY is cukooing his way into history for far longer than he should.

There will not be a general election. Why would the Conservative Party who were handed a totally unexpected overall majority run the risk of having to form coalition with UKIP when they don't need to? They need a new leader. That is all.

Good, the futures bright outside of the EU. Eventually contagion will spread to the Eurozone as we've set the stage for exit, the Euro will tank, the Americans will vote Donald in, the Dollar will tank.

Sterling and the Yen will become the safe bets. We'll sign loads of trade agreements outside of the protectionist EU. We'll all have loads'a'money! (sadly there will be a period of intense pain in-between :oops: )

Edited by mick miller

I cannot see another referendum happening, my fear is regarding the deals that are done during Brexit negotiations and continued trade with EU and what will be agreed, to once again undermine democracy, sovereignty,and unrestricted EU free movement of people.

This is where the Remainers will get their way in my opinion and the major concerns of the majority vote will be lost.

Edited by Good shot?

i doubt it will happen after watching the news for the last few days

I too doubt we will leave the EU. Why are Boris, Gove et al so quiet? Maybe they did not expect the result and now do not want to step up. I suspect Dodgy Dave knew what he was doing when he resigned the morning after...

The truth is they haven't got a flipping clue what to do now. They are all paralysed by indecision because they all know that what they say and do now will be the difference between sink and swim for their future careers.

Not only here but all over Europe its the 'Emperors New Clothes Moment' and a little boy at the back has just shouted out the unthinkable.

What has been done cannot be undone but there is a massive gulf between talk and do. Nobody wants to be first.

Edited by Vince Green

Pretty much told them how it is... Especially like the bit when he said none of them have worked for a living hahaha

Like our own politicians of any colour, most were into politics as students then through into interns and advisers. I've no problem with that but how do you experience a wider section of society?

Shift work?

Next pay check coming from?

Working on or below the minimum wage?

Many have never had this to deal with but speak like they have and on behalf of those that had to.

Isn't anyone else worried that whilst we infight, we all look like total morons to the outside world. I am heartily sick of hearing each side round on each other. There were good reasons on both sides I think for voting in or out. If you think the leavers would have not been sore at losing that's just because they were not put in that position that is human nature. I am now witnessing the steady rise of those amongst the leavers who are no longer really thinking about anything other than getting rid of the "foreigners". Slogans on t-shirts, rallying outside polish areas etc etc. Seriously we didn't win the war on our own we had the help of the brave Polish air squadrons and many many more who helped bring an end to that horror. As for democracy - we got the right to state how we feel in or out - we didn't actually get the right to do it - that will be down to the government of the day and if it goes against what you want, they'll be out and a new government will take it's place and on and on and on. In or out I don't really care anymore just get on with it.