Brexit - Merged Threads

mick miller

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the bit where Farage and Juncker laughed and shook hands - not everything is as portrayed. It's also often made out to look like the UK is alone when in fact people from several countries spoke in favour of our decision/ their own exit/ against the EU.

Bit I saw ,it looked like Junker was whispering something in Farages ear.... :ninja::ninja:

Great speech from Farage. If the Remain side shut up, there wouldn't be any discord.

As for those rallying outside Polish areas - they are complete idiots - similar to the "let's have a second referendum brigade".

Not really the same as the in lot aren't harassing and victimising people - you may think them a whinging lot but they aren't starting to show the really nasty side of some of the out lot. We are responsible for our own actions as individuals so if the out lot don't like the whinging don't react to it and don't use it as an excuse.

The "Remain" whingers seem to number more than the mindless cretins harassing the Polish people. Personally, I think there are nasty elements in both the groups.

The whinging is fuelling the extremists. I repeat - they need to accept the result and move on.

As a Remainer I'd love the outcome of the poll to have been different, but couldn't see any way in which the result could be legitimately overturned.

Now Jeremy Hunt has apparently created some free self-publicity and tabled the idea of another referendum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36647948

On top of that, none of the main parties look anything like what we voted for at the last GE. So another election I think could be in the offing.

I don't think the Lib Dems will be alone in campaigning on a remain-in-the-EU platform.

So we may have had a bitter, decisive referendum which brought out a lot of angry disillusioned disenfranchised people, only to further disillusion and disenfranchise them.

That would appear unsustainable.

Whatever the case about which side has more idiots, to the rest of the world we're looking pretty dumb right now.

Interesting times indeed.

Edited by Granett

I feel overjoyed we're heading for exit although there are tough times ahead, I hope the new PM manages to secure full control of our borders, something along the lines of an Australian points system and doesn't sell us out, I of course hope we retain access to the single market but feel the new PM is going to have to put his best poker face on if he is to do it, if the EU won't budge on it I hope we walk away and feel it'll hurt the EU more than the UK although in the short term it will cause some very unsettling times, I do think in the long run we'll still be better off. The sooner our politicians stop in fighting and show a united front preferably across all parties the sooner it'll all settle down.

I feel overjoyed we're heading for exit although there are tough times ahead, I hope the new PM manages to secure full control of our borders, something along the lines of an Australian points system and doesn't sell us out, I of course hope we retain access to the single market but feel the new PM is going to have to put his best poker face on if he is to do it, if the EU won't budge on it I hope we walk away and feel it'll hurt the EU more than the UK although in the short term it will cause some very unsettling times, I do think in the long run we'll still be better off. The sooner our politicians stop in fighting and show a united front preferably across all parties the sooner it'll all settle down.

Amen to that!

I'm certain if we went to another referendum because of the close margin, brexit would be battered.

I reckon it's underestimated how many people used this as a protest vote and filled their pants when the result came in.....Including the brexit political champions

I reckon there were an awful lot of EU nationals who voted remain even though they weren't entitled to because somebody "accidently" forgot to take them off the list. If they had tipped the balance the remain camp wouldn't be bleating about that would they?

Whats done is done, if the vote had gone the other way I'm sure there would have been lots of remain voters who wished they had more courage and voted out

Edited by Vince Green

I'm certain if we went to another referendum because of the close margin, brexit would be battered.

I reckon it's underestimated how many people used this as a protest vote and filled their pants when the result came in.....Including the brexit political champions

I'm equally certain (+1) that the complete opposite is true. A man down the pub told me his friend said that he knew a few people who voted to "remain", but regretted it now that the warnings of doom, turned out to be a pack of lies.

He went on to say that none of the voters used it as a protest vote. :whistling:

I was quite embarrassed by Farage's speech in all honesty, he has won the vote and just goaded and insulted them.

It's not something I'd consider "British" to kick a man that is down, or gloat and goad people like a clown.

He should have made a speach about trade deals and relationships with nationals so countries start reaching out to us to make deals. Instead he just insults them and now expects them to make us a good offer!

Hang on a minute. Farage has been laughed at by a fair number who really didn't know what they were talking about. He has proved to be more in touch with the majority than the snobs who derided him.

As for the trade - I think you must have missed his speech.

PS - Juncker seemed very pally with him. He obviously took it in the spirit it was intended.

As for goading - is it alright for others to sneer at Britain, but not for us to point out their error?

Priceless.

Hang on a minute. Farage has been laughed at by a fair number who really didn't know what they were talking about. He has proved to be more in touch with the majority than the snobs who derided him.

As for the trade - I think you must have missed his speech.

PS - Juncker seemed very pally with him. He obviously took it in the spirit it was intended.

As for goading - is it alright for others to sneer at Britain, but not for us to point out their error?

Priceless.

Well said !

I was quite embarrassed by Farage's speech in all honesty, he has won the vote and just goaded and insulted them.

It's not something I'd consider "British" to kick a man that is down, or gloat and goad people like a clown.

He should have made a speach about trade deals and relationships with nationals so countries start reaching out to us to make deals. Instead he just insults them and now expects them to make us a good offer!

Farage has been at the butt of derision, ridicule, lies and insults for the past 17 years; I would be more than a little surprised if anyone under similar circumstances could accept victory without enjoying a little pay back.

I've never been a great believer in not kicking a man when he's down; personally I can't think of a better opportunity. Once you've got your man down, keep him there, otherwise he may get back up and do the same to you. :good:

I see now that Dave is trying to say it was immigration that was the reason for Brexit voting to leave.

I voted to leave because of EU corruption and anti-UK policies such as fisheries and I've just written to tell him that. :yes:

The French PM yesterday addressed the EU parliament before the main session and told them that things have to change if they want to avoid other countries following the UK out of the EU. The French are scared of a far right in the general election next year. They only avoided massive losses in seats last year by all other parties uniting against the National Front by only fielding one other candidate in all seats where they thought the far right would win.

and anuvver fing,

at least by voting to leave then we've still got a vote. If it had gone to remain then all power would have gone to the non-elected EU commissioners and any vote we did get would have been meaningless.

A, shall we say, novel view of democracy from a commentator on an article in the FT

https://next.ft.com/content/d24b4dcc-3b9f-11e6-8716-a4a71e8140b0?ftcamp=traffic/partner/brexit/dianomi/uk/auddev

"The Brexit referendum was not an election where a voter had to chose between Candidates A, B, C. etc. It should have been a single question: If you wish the UK to leave the EU, put an X in the box on the ballot paper. If you do not wish the UK to leave the EU, then ignore your ballot paper—you do not need to vote.

Only this will give an indication of whether a majority of those eligible to vote wishes to leave the EU—The same procedure applying also to the postal vote.

Only one box is necessary.

If there is a second referendum, this is the only fair and accurate way of determining what the majority wants."

Seriously? Who thinks like this?

As one might expect a little sensationalist by the Express! This is the document they talk about

http://s.tvp.pl/repository/attachment/d/5/1/d51736df11c6ad23221e46543829f1df1467008961919.pdf

However it seems that Franc and Germany want to control everything - not sure how the rest of the EU countries will feel about it though!

As one might expect a little sensationalist by the Express! This is the document they talk about

http://s.tvp.pl/repository/attachment/d/5/1/d51736df11c6ad23221e46543829f1df1467008961919.pdf

However it seems that Franc and Germany want to control everything - not sure how the rest of the EU countries will feel about it though!

I saw the Express article yesterday and didn`t post it for exactly the reason you mentioned. The document does make interesting reading though. Especially this passage

"The EU should be able to plan and conduct civil and military operations more effectively, with the support of a permanent civil-military chain of command. The EU should be able to rely on employable high-readiness forces and provide common financing for it`s operations"

Now it may not exactly state that they want an EU army but reading between the lines I have little doubt this is the direction they`re heading.

A, shall we say, novel view of democracy from a commentator on an article in the FT

https://next.ft.com/content/d24b4dcc-3b9f-11e6-8716-a4a71e8140b0?ftcamp=traffic/partner/brexit/dianomi/uk/auddev

"The Brexit referendum was not an election where a voter had to chose between Candidates A, B, C. etc. It should have been a single question: If you wish the UK to leave the EU, put an X in the box on the ballot paper. If you do not wish the UK to leave the EU, then ignore your ballot paper—you do not need to vote.

Only this will give an indication of whether a majority of those eligible to vote wishes to leave the EU—The same procedure applying also to the postal vote.

Only one box is necessary.

If there is a second referendum, this is the only fair and accurate way of determining what the majority wants."

Seriously? Who thinks like this?

Brilliant! So all those folk who can't be ***** to vote are included in the 'In' camp! Some folk ( obviously the peeved minority who voted to remain ) have an idiotically undemocratic idea of democracy.

Brilliant! So all those folk who can't be ***** to vote are included in the 'In' camp! Some folk ( obviously the peeved minority who voted to remain ) have an idiotically undemocratic idea of democracy.

Indeed!

Perhaps we should apply this system at the next GE. We can take the Conservative party off the ballot papers and just let people vote on the others. I mean if you can`t be bothered to vote then you`re obviously happy with the incumbent government. :rolleyes: