Cartridge Reviews

Ears

:D

Please give your veiw on cartridges and value for money.

4.3.04 Thanks for your responce Guys, but its true you only get what you pay for then. I do believe that pigeon shells should come in under the £105.00 per tho though. I just bought a thou of Gamebore Volocity 32g plas 6s for £90.00. I will give my opinion later. Anyone shot Winchester Rangers 32g 5s plas in 12 Gauge.

7.03.04 Gamebore Volocity 7/10 alittle better than clear pigeon and a little cheaper to, but thats through my gun. My freind, i was with yestoday had 250 from me and he shot 157 over drillings, so he likes um too, his best day ever. Got to go im out again today and its 7 am tar tar.

Gamebore clear pigeon 32g 6s plas wad 6 out of 10

Hull High Pheasent 30g pdp wad 6s 9 out of ten ( but to expensive )

Gamebore Volocity 32g plas 6s 7 out of 10

Hull Sterling 32g pdp 6s 9/10 to expensive.

Winchester Rangers 32g plas 5s 9/10 expensive ( Really good Flighting)

Eley Firsts 28g felt 7.5 4/10 ( Not Good )

Express sup comp 28g plas 7.5 6/10

• 2 weeks later...

20 bore

Hull Three Crowns 28g 6's for all my game

Hull Imperial 28g 6's when I haven't any 3 crowns (feal nice, but more expensive)

Express 28g 7's for clays

12 bore

Garlands Special (Hull made) 32g 6's

Express 7-8's for Clays (24g)

Eley VIP 8's 28g for Clays (Christ are they nice!!!!!!)

Selot And Belick (or something) bl**dy horrid!

And some ancient training rounds

Eley Hawk Best Pigeon 32 gm x 6.1/2 for woodies

Hull 32gm x 5s for rabbit and pheasant

Hull Profibre 7.1/2 & 9s for clays

I had a few problems with Gamebore cartridges, which were not sorted to my satisfaction. i therefore nolonger purchase Gamebore.

webber

jono

I was always under the impression that it was the object of the cartridge to provide sufficient projectile energy to cleanly kill the quarry; not gut, pluck and prepare for the oven. Whilst the recoil the recoil provided sufficient energy to loosen every tooth and filling in the shooters head.

Remember less money in the dentists pocket = more money for shooting!

I wonder if I am in correspondence with a bunch of recoil junkies?

jono

I was always under the impression that it was the object of the cartridge to provide sufficient projectile energy to cleanly kill the quarry; not gut, pluck and prepare for the oven. Whilst the recoil the recoil provided sufficient energy to loosen every tooth and filling in the shooters head.

Remember less money in the dentists pocket = more money for shooting!

I wonder if I am in correspondence with a bunch of recoil junkies?

:lol::D:lol:

Webber, you are wrong, if the bird is within 40yds, it also gets flash fried :D

I own a Baikal and my father bought several thousand carts from Trago Mills back in 1985 or thereabouts.

I was still shooting them when I was given my gun back in 1991 and my father, who used to beat more than shoot, could tell EXACTLY where I was from the noise of the guns.

Guess which one:

Pop pop, pop, pop-pop, BOOM, pop, pop, pop-pop BOOM, pop-pop

were they trago mills "gun dog" carts by any chance? i spent the funniest mornings crow shooting ever with a friend who had got hold of a load of loose trago specials cheap, we were shooting over the same pattern from seprate hides about 60 yds ish apart. I would hear a loud bang followed by a spurt of confettie (spelling???) and plenty of smoke followed by a very undead crow flying off like hell in the night and then a load of shouting and swearing that would make bernard manning blush :lol:

Hi guys!

I am new to the forum.I do quite a lot of pigeon shooting.I have been trying different cartridges and i have found gamebore velocity(32 gms,No 6,£100 per thousand) quite good.Recently,i could not resist the temptation to buy some rotweil cartridges (32 gms,No6) for £90 for 1000.I thought the price was excellent and first impression is encouraging.This is a high quality cartridge for an amazing price!I bought them from Bywell gunshop and I plan to visit them again soon!

:lol: