If you've had a shotgun ticket revoked

Bloody hell that a bit much surely that don't make person unfit to hold a certificate

Apparently it does..... if you can't behave as a motorist, are you going to behave with a gun? That is what the police will consider.

When I first applied for my FAC & SGC I put down that I had been caught speeding as a teenager..... the FLO mentioned this old conviction and said to me

"If I hear that you are ever caught speeding again, I'll be round here asking what the hell you think your playing at"...... In 30 odd years of riding/driving those 3 points all all that I have ever had.... but it was enough for him to warn me about!

Apparently it does..... if you can't behave as a motorist, are you going to behave with a gun? That is what the police will consider.

When I first applied for my FAC & SGC I put down that I had been caught speeding as a teenager..... the FLO mentioned this old conviction and said to me

"If I hear that you are ever caught speeding again, I'll be round here asking what the hell you think your playing at"...... In 30 odd years of riding/driving those 3 points all all that I have ever had.... but it was enough for him to warn me about!

Quite extraordinary that a speeding conviction does not preclude a policeman from keeping his job!

Quite extraordinary that a speeding conviction does not preclude a policeman from keeping his job!

Not at all. Just like having a speeding conviction does not automatically mean you will lose your SGC / FAC. However, police convicted of offences do go through quite serious reprimands, etc. and the convictions will have an effect on their future promotion prospects.

My brother inlaw was denied his SGC on the grounds of not answering on a question on a driving matter he had forgot about he got caught speeding at 40 mph it was coming to an end after the 3 yrs thats why he forgot about it he never replied for anouther

So why didn't they send the form back for him to fill that question in and how did they know about it in the first place

Am I right that the newer forms are asking for even expired small motoring offences to be put down

But on the older forms I'm sure it said any motering offences in the last 3 years needs to be put down

It has always been the case that there is no such thing as an 'expired' conviction of any sort for SGC/FAC applications. Even if 40 or 50 years ago, they've always had to be declared.

A link to the form on NWP's website. The notes are also on that form

http://www.north-wales.police.uk/media/570888/Form-201.pdf

Note 13 is the one regarding convictions :

You must not withhold information about any conviction. This includes motoring offences(including speeding offences), binding overs, formal written warnings, cautions and convictions in and outside Great Britain, and (by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975) convictions which are spent under the 1974 Act. A conditional discharge and an absolute discharge both count as convictions for this purpose. Details of parking offences and fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared.

It has always been the case that there is no such thing as an 'expired' conviction of any sort for SGC/FAC applications. Even if 40 or 50 years ago, they've always had to be declared.

A link to the form on NWP's website. The notes are also on that form

http://www.north-wales.police.uk/media/570888/Form-201.pdf

Note 13 is the one regarding convictions :

You must not withhold information about any conviction. This includes motoring offences(including speeding offences), binding overs, formal written warnings, cautions and convictions in and outside Great Britain, and (by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975) convictions which are spent under the 1974 Act. A conditional discharge and an absolute discharge both count as convictions for this purpose. Details of parking offences and fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared.

i've just looked at the link in your post and it states "including speeding but not including parking offences or fixed penalty notices",

when i was caught speeding i was given a fixed penalty notice :hmm:

• 6 months later...

When I completed my application there were a couple of spent speeding offences I couldn't remember the codes or date for from years ago. I just put I'm not sure when they were so I wasn't attempting to hide anything. When the feo came round he just asked about the last one I had in 2011 and said you need to not get anymore motoring convictions now. Sold my Leon Cupra R and brought a Range Rover 2.5 diesel for shooting and for cruising around in instead of having quite a bit of power and being tempted to put your foot down.

Edited by Benkent

It is very variable, in my capacity as a club secretary for many years I dealt with several situations. One man did something mega and got away with it, just got a warning, not even a caution and kept his FAC.

Another man lost his FAC over a dispute with a neighbour that wasn't of his making.

Its totally random

Who do these FEOs think they are? "You need to not get any more motoring convictions now." Bit too big for their boots.

"All units. Mr so-and-so has just been fined for doing 35 in a 30 limit. Go and take his guns." :lol:

Edited by walshie

I think the FEO's are talking about a person with multiple speeding convictions as not being responsible to act within the terms of the highway code and are prepared to put their driving licence at risk.So could someone who continues to flout the law be someone that could be trusted not to push the boundaries set out on in the Home Office guidance?

Once again, not answering original question but for all the other posts, it used to be the case that you only had to list preaches of the law since your last license ( and you should have listed any when you had your first license) That was change a few years ago and now you have to repeat everything once again with each renewal.