If you've had a shotgun ticket revoked

They can re-apply anytime, but their chances would appear to be slim or non-existent based on the scant detail provided.

If you want a more informed answer, you would need to provide full details of the revocation and what has changed since then.

You need to approach BASC and take professions legal advise.This is the WRONG place to ask.

The OP did actually ask for replies from anyone who'd had a SGC revoked. I guess he wanted to pick the brains of someone with first hand experience, not what we all may think.

The OP did actually ask for replies from anyone who'd had a SGC revoked. I guess he wanted to pick the brains of someone with first hand experience, not what we all may think.

I agree,but who ever he is enquiring for will get a load of different answers(with a few asumptions thrown in ) and end up more confused.Or they can seek advise from BASC legal team (if member)or seek other professional advise.

Edited by Davyo

A shotgun certificate can be revoked if the Police are of the belief that the person is unfit to be entrusted with a shotgun or for public safety . These can be any number of things, direct behaviour of the person, violence or failing to abide by the conditions or even by his association with persons of less disirable character.

Any appeal must be made in Crown Court within 21 days and cannot be funded by legal aid.

A shotgun certificate can be revoked if the Police are of the belief that the person is unfit to be entrusted with a shotgun or for public safety . These can be any number of things, direct behaviour of the person, violence or failing to abide by the conditions or even by his association with persons of less disirable character.

Any appeal must be made in Crown Court within 21 days and cannot be funded by legal aid.

Yes, we all know that but are you going to answer the OP's question.

It would depend on why it was revoked in the first place. Your feo coming round and finding your gun on the kitchen table is a lot different to beating your wife or threatening someone with your gun. Both could lead to revocation but it's the circumstances of the revocation that matter.

There's nothing to stop a revokee from applying again whenever he wants, whether he will be granted is a matter for the police

It would depend on why it was revoked in the first place. Your feo coming round and finding your gun on the kitchen table is a lot different to beating your wife or threatening someone with your gun. Both could lead to revocation but it's the circumstances of the revocation that matter.

There's nothing to stop a revokee from applying again whenever he wants, whether he will be granted is a matter for the police

Exactly this. I know of someone who left a gun out and had it stolen. He lost his SGC but was advised by the FEO to apply again after a year. Not sure if he`s been granted it yet.

As Ozzy and Gordon both basically said : "It depends". Too little detail for anyone to say what your chances might be.

If you come back on and post more details - in full, rather than drip-feeding it all in - then someone might be in a better position to tell you if you've got 2 chances - fat or slim - or if it's more likely.

My brother inlaw was denied his SGC on the grounds of not answering on a question on a driving matter he had forgot about he got caught speeding at 40 mph it was coming to an end after the 3 yrs thats why he forgot about it he never replied for anouther

My brother inlaw was denied his SGC on the grounds of not answering on a question on a driving matter he had forgot about he got caught speeding at 40 mph it was coming to an end after the 3 yrs thats why he forgot about it he never replied for anouther

Bloody hell that a bit much surely that don't make person unfit to hold a certificate

Bloody hell that a bit much surely that don't make person unfit to hold a certificate

He lied on his application form. That, in itself, makes him untrustworthy.

Question 13 : Have you been convicted of any offence (including speeding offences but not including parking offences or fixed penalty notices) or received a written caution ? If yes, give details of all (underlined) convictions, etc.

Declaration for the form :

... I understand that it is an offence under Section 28A(7) of the Firearms Act 1968 to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement for the purpose of procuring a certificate, the maximum penalty for which is six months imprisonment and/or a fine ...

Notes to the form:

13. You must not withhold information about any conviction (in bold on the form) This includes motoring offences (including speeding offences) ...

So, unlike applying for a certificate when the points were 20+ years old, the points were still on his licence. So the police could reasonably say that he 'knowingly or recklessly made a false statement'.

I'd say he got off lightly. They could have chosen to charge him, in which case he'd have potentially been looking at doing time.

Edited by robbiep

He lied on his application form. That, in itself, makes him untrustworthy.

Question 13 : Have you been convicted of any offence (including speeding offences but not including parking offences or fixed penalty notices) or received a written caution ? If yes, give details of all (underlined) convictions, etc.

Declaration for the form :

... I understand that it is an offence under Section 28A(7) of the Firearms Act 1968 to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement for the purpose of procuring a certificate, the maximum penalty for which is six months imprisonment and/or a fine ...

Notes to the form:

13. You must not withhold information about any conviction (in bold on the form) This includes motoring offences (including speeding offences) ...

So, unlike applying for a certificate when the points were 20+ years old, the points were still on his licence. So the police could reasonably say that he 'knowingly or recklessly made a false statement'.

I'd say he got off lightly. They could have chosen to charge him, in which case he'd have potentially been looking at doing time.

when i was caught speeding i was given a fixed penalty notice,