Michael Gove for PM

four-wheel-drive

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over a five-month period between December 2005 and April 2006, Michael Gove claimed more than £7,000 on a house bought with his wife Sarah Vine, a journalist, in 2002. Around a third of the money was spent at OKA, an upmarket interior design company established by Viscountess Astor, PM David Camerons mother-in-law.[96] Shortly afterwards he reportedly 'flipped' his designated second home, a property for which he claimed around £13,000 to cover stamp duty.[97] Gove also claimed for a cot mattress, despite children's items being banned under updated Commons Rules. Gove said he would repay the claim for the cot mattress, but maintained that his other claims were "below the acceptable threshold costs for furniture" and that moving house was necessary "to effectively discharge my parliamentary duties".[97] While he was moving between homes, on one occasion he stayed at the Pennyhill Park Hotel and Spa following a constituency engagement, charging the taxpayer more than £500 per night's stay.[97] Nice man

Over a five-month period between December 2005 and April 2006, Michael Gove claimed more than £7,000 on a house bought with his wife Sarah Vine, a journalist, in 2002. Around a third of the money was spent at OKA, an upmarket interior design company established by Viscountess Astor, PM David Camerons mother-in-law.[96] Shortly afterwards he reportedly 'flipped' his designated second home, a property for which he claimed around £13,000 to cover stamp duty.[97] Gove also claimed for a cot mattress, despite children's items being banned under updated Commons Rules. Gove said he would repay the claim for the cot mattress, but maintained that his other claims were "below the acceptable threshold costs for furniture" and that moving house was necessary "to effectively discharge my parliamentary duties".[97] While he was moving between homes, on one occasion he stayed at the Pennyhill Park Hotel and Spa following a constituency engagement, charging the taxpayer more than £500 per night's stay.[97] Nice man

I can think of far far worse !

Well i was not going to say anything, but now its out and you are right.

I can think of far far worse !

Not many benny.

So he claimed his second home furniture and decorating on his MP expenses as they are allowed to do ?

The same as every other MP I presume ?

If you wanted a decorator and a colleague of yours said their family member did it, would you use your friend / colleagues family if they did a good job ? Or go to a complete stranger ?

The only thing wrong was he claimed a cot mattress, which he later repaid as he found out it was not allowed. Whether intentional or not, again I can think of far worse things to happen.

Anyone who has a child that went through the GCSE mess he created with the implementation then next year cancelling of his Baccalaureate joke has a very different view of him.

A years worth of course work originally making up 40% of the mark down the drain and for nothing and no one knowing what exam they are actually taking in the final year. He ignored everyone who told him it wouldn't work until he couldn't actually make it work after a year.

If he runs the country like he did education God help us.

hello, yes and that was him as 1 MP think back to the expenses scandel they were all at it and even before like the cash for questions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as i mentioned on another post i do not think at this time there is any MP worthy yet i watched Liam Fox on sky news ?, but then he had a mishap when minister for the armed forces if i am correct? is there anyone conservative MP that is true to this country or in fact any MP. ( Mr Farage)??? , much the likes of tony blair coming from no where in the labour party but with teflon suite and slick words, an illegal war and now sits in his castle in buckinghamshire counting his 10 million while many many X service personnel!!!! well you all know!!!

If we're looking at MP's with dodgy expense's claims not getting jobs the commons job centre would be awash with vacancies ! ... I'd like to see Dan Hannan being offered a serious roll in government exit strategy ...bright , articulate and a brexiteer ...

I am and always will be Labour but I have to say that I have been very impressed with Michael Gove and for my money he is the best of the bunch for the job of PM.

I see that I have got the PM the wrong way around in the header :oops: and I cannot change it now.

Why are you always labour? Would you put habit above logic?

Anyone who has a child that went through the GCSE mess he created with the implementation then next year cancelling of his Baccalaureate joke has a very different view of him.

A years worth of course work originally making up 40% of the mark down the drain and for nothing and no one knowing what exam they are actually taking in the final year. He ignored everyone who told him it wouldn't work until he couldn't actually make it work after a year.

If he runs the country like he did education God help us.

Agree he didn't do a great job in education.

Sad though it may be, how someone appears on television has a lot to do with how successful they are at the top jobs. Margaret Thatcher had a dentistry job and makeover to enhance her appearance.

Tony Blair was a confident performer on TV, whereas Gordon Brown always appeared shifty.

Boris comes over as a buffoon.

Michael Gove looks weak.

I think Liam Fox would come across well to the media.

Agree he didn't do a great job in education.

+1. His tenure was a disaster, and we trust him to run the country? No thanks. He is a weak personality who would probably struggle to keep control of his own cabinet. Would rather have even the bumbling Boris who at least has the charisma and leadership to pull off a caretaker government until the next General Election. However, I would far rather see Dan Hannan or even Jacob Rees-Mog as PM. Both have the stature of a true statesman, both have integrity and more than a smattering of intelligence.

Edited by Savhmr

What do we know about this Stephen Crabb, other than he was raised in a single parent household by his mum on a council estate in Wales? I think it's refreshing to see someone who hasn't had a privelidged upbringing make a bid for the leadership.

+1

Come on now, All this talk of others, its got to be Johnson there is no other horse in town.

May just lost what little credibility she ever had trying to hinder johnsons chances, people will just lose what respect they ever had for her and thats her friends.

Its got to be boris johnson.

I wish I could say hand on heart that Boris would make a good PM but I can't help feeling that he will have on his headstone "He made me laugh". I have no doubt that he has the ability but I feel he has no real connection with the people like Crabb does and I can't help but think his epitaph is what we'll be saying when we really go down the pipes.

May was a complete non-runner for me and I have my reservations over Gove too. I've always had this thought that he looks like the kind of guy that would pay good money to enjoy a darn good thrashing from 'Nanny' whilst his pants were round his knees. I'm sorry but that's how I see him.

Edited by Doc Holliday

So I see, but I was typing my reply when the previous post was made. At least we won't be worrying what he'll be doing next. Don't get me wrong, I think he has enormous entertainment value but would we have really wanted that in a PM? We need someone will a good set of balls on them and in a way I'm glad Cameron went as it showed him for what he really was, a eunuch.

If you could here the people in my office. Ive had to keep quiet or face the fireing squad, to say they are upset at the outcome would be an understatement... One chap got very aggressive in his response to me when i said the market would recover and guess what... It has, i think Boris is playing a good game, knowing that he is currently public enemy no.1 with all remain voters..