Michael Gove for PM

four-wheel-drive

If you could here the people in my office. Ive had to keep quiet or face the fireing squad, to say they are upset at the outcome would be an understatement... One chap got very aggressive in his response to me when i said the market would recover and guess what... It has, i think Boris is playing a good game, knowing that he is currently public enemy no.1 with all remain voters..

What is it with people with this attitude? I just dont understand where they are coming from with this approach.

Is it PRIDE fear Vanity stupidity WHAT. ?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think boris realised that after the performance of dave and George, once labour get a less principled and more electable leader, the Conservatives are out in the next election.

He would be out if he lost an election, so play the long game, let someone else fall on their sword when the inevitable backlash from austerity happens, and be the man who gets the blues back in a few years down the line

I think a lot of people should have a look at his history he was not an Eaton boy like lots of people say/think.

Gove was born in Edinburgh; at four months old, he was adopted by a Labour-supporting family in Aberdeen, where he was brought up.[10] His adoptive father ran a fish processing business; his adoptive mother was a lab assistant at the University of Aberdeen before working at the Aberdeen School for the Deaf.[11]

In Aberdeen he was educated at a state school, and later attended the independent Robert Gordon's College, to which he had won a scholarship.[10] In October 2012, Gove wrote an apology letter to his former French teacher for misbehaving in class.[12]

From 1985 to 1988 he studied English at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford,[13] where he served as President of the Oxford Union. He was awarded a 2:1-degree.[14]

What is it with people with this attitude? I just dont understand where they are coming from with this approach.

Is it PRIDE fear Vanity stupidity WHAT. ?

I know. It's ironic isn't it that they say that those who voted 'Leave' were ignorant and intolerant/bigoted. Throughout all of the hoo-ha since the result, there has been a tirade of vitriol from the Remain camp towards those that voted Leave. But those of us whom voted Leave have let them have their tantrums, allowed them to call us names without rising to it and all the other abuse they've thrown at us as but we have something they don't and that's an unshakeable belief in our country and it's people, irrespective of background. But it's ok as they will be the ones with egg on their faces after we have proved them wrong and they see what a fantastic country we have rebuilt and the opportunities we have afforded everyone that lives here.

Edited by Doc Holliday

What made Boris back out? that's the question I would like an answer to. He's smart though, I think he realises he could not maintain his act for that long under the intense scrutiny he would be getting.

Because he never really backed exit, although I am not a big fan of Farage I do respect his dedication to his believes, he genuinely believes rightly or wrongly depending on your stance we are better off out. Borris never did, he wrote articles in favour and against, sat back to see which way the wind blew, hoped to lose the referendum and then challenge for the leadership of the Conservatives as a strong anti-European still in Europe.

He is now very aware he made promises whilst campaigning for leave which could clearly come back to haunt him when in actual power if he doesn’t deliver them.

Any pro leave politician is going to face a massive backlash if they fail to deliver, they must have had a plan to promote leave so now in power they would have to try and implement it, no hiding behind we are not the government so don’t need a plan once in power.

Any pro remain politician can say they didn’t make any promises but lets just try and sort this out the best we can.

Just my personal opinion on Borris and before anyone says not on the referendum to leave or stay and it's merits or pitfalls.

If leave works out then expect him back to challenge with I told you so stance.

Why are you always labour? Would you put habit above logic?

I say that I support Labour not that we have had a proper labour party for many years I think that working people should be able to afford to buy or rent a home not all of this buy to rent rubbish we should also have a good free at the point of use NHS we should also have good free education for our children if this make me a bad person in your eyes then so be it.

I think boris realised that after the performance of dave and George, once labour get a less principled and more electable leader, the Conservatives are out in the next election.

Will that happen though? Corbyn may yet hang on, despite the fact his MPs are in rebellion, it will come down to the grassroots party members to vote. Given that his support of the remain campaign was minimal at best, and that all of the labour heartland voted to leave then he may still remain a popular choice.

I know. It's ironic isn't it that they say that those who voted 'Leave' were ignorant and intolerant/bigoted. Throughout all of the hoo-ha since the result, there has been a tirade of vitriol from the Remain camp towards those that voted Leave. But those of us whom voted Leave have let them have their tantrums, allowed them to call us names without rising to it and all the other abuse they've thrown at us as but we have something they don't and that's an unshakeable belief in our country and it's people, irrespective of background. But it's ok as they will be the ones with egg on their faces after we have proved them wrong and they see what a fantastic country we have rebuilt and the opportunities we have afforded everyone that lives here.

Very true.

I heard a wonderful comment from a London Remain voter. He was complaining that the money the city earned was being sent off to help the poorer north. He was instead in favour of London remaining in the EU as a seperate entity.

So, completely happy to send billions to the poorer nations in the EU but unwilling to help his own countrymen. You couldn`t make it up!

Because he never really backed exit, although I am not a big fan of Farage I do respect his dedication to his believes, he genuinely believes rightly or wrongly depending on your stance we are better off out. Borris never did, he wrote articles in favour and against, sat back to see which way the wind blew, hoped to lose the referendum and then challenge for the leadership of the Conservatives as a strong anti-European still in Europe.

He is now very aware he made promises whilst campaigning for leave which could clearly come back to haunt him when in actual power if he doesn’t deliver them.

Any pro leave politician is going to face a massive backlash if they fail to deliver, they must have had a plan to promote leave so now in power they would have to try and implement it, no hiding behind we are not the government so don’t need a plan once in power.

Any pro remain politician can say they didn’t make any promises but lets just try and sort this out the best we can.

Just my personal opinion on Borris and before anyone says not on the referendum to leave or stay and it's merits or pitfalls.

If leave works out then expect him back to challenge with I told you so stance.

That`s a very strong possibility.

Just reading up on Fox. Not that it makes any difference about someone's ability to do the job in any way, and sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but is all the stuff in his WIkipedia page about him and Adam Werrity essentially a long-winded way of saying they're gay?

Anyone who has a child that went through the GCSE mess he created with the implementation then next year cancelling of his Baccalaureate joke has a very different view of him.

A years worth of course work originally making up 40% of the mark down the drain and for nothing and no one knowing what exam they are actually taking in the final year. He ignored everyone who told him it wouldn't work until he couldn't actually make it work after a year.

If he runs the country like he did education God help us.

Whilst I hate myself for agreeing with you :oops: on this occasion I have to.

I think Boris knows that if he became PM his wife's recent antics would be brought into the public domain and he would have to go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3477648/Growing-fury-woman-QC-caught-tryst-Waterloo-Station-s-using-law-ID-secret.html

Looks like they're both partial to playing away. Naughty naughty.

It has to be Liam Fox ...the only one who comes across as a statesman..confirmed eurosceptic

Gove is too wishy washy wet ...Crabb thinks he.s the Welsh wolverine ,and needs a shave , creepy little opportunist with no real experience

May , perish the thought