Michael Gove for PM

four-wheel-drive

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is not devious enough in my opinion. He is that very rare thing in politics, a person who says something because he actually believes it.

Is back stabbing, political opportunism and copious amounts of coat-tail-hanging not devious enough?

You are normally post well-reasoned replies, but I can't swallow this one I'm afraid.

100% agree with you Timps, what a mess that is.

I would be happy with either Andrea Leadsom or Liam Fox, but would prefer pretty much anyone to Theresa May, so as long as she doesn't get in then I won't be too upset.

I do agree with others that Gove is a bit too wet for the negotiations to follow, and I wouldn't call him trustworthy either.

Edited by Jamesey1981

It has to be Liam Fox ...the only one who comes across as a statesman..confirmed eurosceptic

Gove is too wishy washy wet ...Crabb thinks he.s the Welsh wolverine ,and needs a shave , creepy little opportunist with no real experience

May , perish the thought

But the man is a complete fool he thinks that Russia is going to attack us he has not here that the USSR is gone the communist gave up and became stinking rich why the hell would they want to invade us or anyone come to that.

But the man is a complete fool he thinks that Russia is going to attack us he has not here that the USSR is gone the communist gave up and became stinking rich why the hell would they want to invade us or anyone come to that.

Ask the people of Crimea why Russia would want to invade anyone. Edited by Jamesey1981

Fox does not think Russia is going to attack us...in fact the exact opposite

"We don't have the money as a country to protect ourselves against every potential future threat," he said. "We have to look at where we think the real risks will come from, where the real threats will come from and we need to deal with that accordingly. The Russians are not going to come over the European plain any day soon,"

This was in the context of pulling the army out of Germany

Liam Fox for me, ably assisted by the lovely Andrea Leadsom.

Crabb is a non runner in my opinion, a staunch remainer with nowhere near enough experience.

Gove, although has good eurosceptic credentials, is now tainted after turning on BJ. Stabbing your colleague in the back is not a good start to his campaign.

Teresa May... or may not... who knows. Came out as a remainiac in the run up to the referendum yet does seem fairly eurosceptic. No use at the Home Office, severely depleted the police service and consistently failed to control immigration. Not for me.

Boris was toxic, probably best he's gone... for now.

Liam Fox for me, ably assisted by the lovely Andrea Leadsom.

Crabb is a non runner in my opinion, a staunch remainer with nowhere near enough experience.

Gove, although has good eurosceptic credentials, is now tainted after turning on BJ. Stabbing your colleague in the back is not a good start to his campaign.

Teresa May... or may not... who knows. Came out as a remainiac in the run up to the referendum yet does seem fairly eurosceptic. No use at the Home Office, severely depleted the police service and consistently failed to control immigration. Not for me.

Boris was toxic, probably best he's gone... for now.

Liam Fox. The man who had the highest dodgy expense claims out of all of the Conservative MP's.

The same man who employed a mate of his as an adviser when he was Minister for Defence despite him not having security clearance.

First rate sleaze ball

All MP's are as straight as a non EU banana.....And all their noses are in the trough. It's just that some noses are deeper in the trough than others.

And some try to do good for others, along the way, while their filling their own pockets....

All MP's are as straight as a non EU banana.....And all their noses are in the trough. It's just that some noses are deeper in the trough than others.

And some try to do good for others, along the way, while their filling their own pockets....

No you are wrong there some of them not that many are out for what they can get but most of them if you agree with there what side they are on or not are good people and do a lot of good work if you ever have a problem get in contact with your MP and you will be surprised how often they can help.

As for what made Gove turn on Boris will we ever find out but it must have been something big as it seemed to be so sudden.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Liam Fox. The man who had the highest dodgy expense claims out of all of the Conservative MP's.

The same man who employed a mate of his as an adviser when he was Minister for Defence despite him not having security clearance.

First rate sleaze ball

They're all sleaze balls, but if it makes you happier I'll plump for Andrea Leadsom, ably assisted by the lovely Liam Fox.

Never let it be said I won't accept compromise. :good:

We definitely need some fresh blood in the arena and Crabb & Leadsom are the two main contenders in my view. Ultimately it needs somebody with the cojones to tell Brussels where to get off if they think they're going to impose freedom of movement in return for access to the EU Single market. They can take a running jump. We'll see how long it takes them to reconsider when they have a back log of BMW's, VW's & Audi's sitting in the ports waiting to be shipped over here. Outside of Germany I don't think there is any real contender for imports.

What do the French offer us? Citroen's, Renault's and second rate champagne (Ours tops theirs now, ask Chapel Down winery if you don't believe me). The rest of the EU, well, places like Spain, Portugal & Italy least ways, sell us food produce but other than that? Ok, maybe one or two other things.

My mate, who is a retired Met police officer of a pretty senior rank thinks that Boris has too much excess baggage and somebody has had a private word in his ear. Sounds plausible, but we will never know because they will never tell us the real story.

I doubt that Gove could have knocked him into touch

We definitely need some fresh blood in the arena and Crabb & Leadsom are the two main contenders in my view. Ultimately it needs somebody with the cojones to tell Brussels where to get off if they think they're going to impose freedom of movement in return for access to the EU Single market. They can take a running jump. We'll see how long it takes them to reconsider when they have a back log of BMW's, VW's & Audi's sitting in the ports waiting to be shipped over here. Outside of Germany I don't think there is any real contender for imports.

What do the French offer us? Citroen's, Renault's and second rate champagne (Ours tops theirs now, ask Chapel Down winery if you don't believe me). The rest of the EU, well, places like Spain, Portugal & Italy least ways, sell us food produce but other than that? Ok, maybe one or two other things.

The wine is a very good example of how the EU is all smoke and mirrors Go in the supermarket and look at the wine shelves. Cheapest and best value is virtually never European, Australia, California, South Africa, Chile beat them hands down.

A quick sample of the fruit and veg gives much the same story. Who needs the EU?

The wine is a very good example of how the EU is all smoke and mirrors Go in the supermarket and look at the wine shelves. Cheapest and best value is virtually never European, Australia, California, South Africa, Chile beat them hands down.

A quick sample of the fruit and veg gives much the same story. Who needs the EU?

All those with their snouts in the trough.

My mate, who is a retired Met police officer of a pretty senior rank thinks that Boris has too much excess baggage and somebody has had a private word in his ear. Sounds plausible, but we will never know because they will never tell us the real story.

I doubt that Gove could have knocked him into touch

Did he have a horses head left in his bed?

Has anyone else worked out that there is the distinct possibility that all the major parties could be run by women soon?

Tory : Teresa May

Labour : Angela Eagle

SNP: Nicola Sturgeon

Plaid Cymru: Leanne Wood

Green: Natalie Bennet

Maybe this should be in the Conspiracy Theory thread :)

Edited by MrM

As for what made Gove turn on Boris will we ever find out but it must have been something big as it seemed to be so sudden.

What makes you think Gove turned on Boris ?

Only the media have speculated on this.

Perhaps Boris realised his personal life stuff was going to catch up with him sooner ,rather than later.

Obviously the media cannot mention this without getting the pants sued off them.

I reckon Gove has ,at Boris's request taken the helm,as it were.

Just a thought.

What makes you think Gove turned on Boris ?

Only the media have speculated on this.

Perhaps Boris realised his personal life stuff was going to catch up with him sooner ,rather than later.

Obviously the media cannot mention this without getting the pants sued off them.

I reckon Gove has ,at Boris's request taken the helm,as it were.

Just a thought.

:good:

Yep, Boris realised that being PM might not be too much fun or long lived so he decided to back Gove in return for being at the Foreign Office with all those free jaunts to exotic locations at the tax payers expense.

I have just been watching Goves speech on the TV and I think he sounds quite impressive if people are going to pick on him would you at least have the decency to watch his entire speech not just the bits that are on the news as I have said before I am no big fan of the tory party but I do like Gove he comes over as a good person even if I may not agree with everything that he says.