Michael Gove for PM

four-wheel-drive

If you don't like the way the parties are run I suggest spending £2 a month to become a paid up member of whichever floats your boat and influence the choice the party makes in electing its ministers. You'll be too late for this particular Tory debacle for instance but there is little doubt that a general election is in the offing and you'd be in time to influence the choice in that.

Its small wonder that our parties don't represent us when the membership is in the few hundreds of thousands and they then have to rely on big business to contribute the majority of the funds, no prizes for guessing whose agenda they tend to favour either.

Imagine the influence that we could have if we all, for instance, joined the Tory party and then voted for the most pro shooting candidates over anyone else, and of course, pushed for deselection of those individuals that expressed an anti shooting bias?

For 25 quid a year it has to be worth a punt..

Edited by mick miller

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I take issue with this,because so much of it is happening in my area.

The builders want to build on green belt land and in nice villages because the houses are worth more there.

There are literally 100s of empty brown belt sites in Nottingham,but they have been empty for years,the builders ignore them because they are not in 'nice' areas.

They put planning apps in on beautiful areas outside the city ,as they know the houses are worth twice as much = more profit for them.

And despite the fact its green belt,the apps get granted,strange isnt it ?

And what type of houses are they building ?

Affordable 1 or 2 bed starter homes ? No, 4-5 bed houses that only the well off can afford.

Anyone can recognise that we need more houses,but someone in government needs to bring this racket to account.

In Peterborough, building firms regularly buy up pieces of ground and submit applications for planning consent.

They then sit and wait for the Council to state how many "affordable" homes they must build, this they agree.

Unfortunately they then start a legal battle to reduce the percentage of "affordable" homes and often win.

This reduces the amount of people able to get on to the bottom of the "property ladder".

But it does increase the money made by the property firms.

It really is a scandal!

You dont like shooting then, hate guns and think only the police should have them, i saw her on question time around the time of dunblane, she was a minor politician back then, was as anti gun as anyone i ever saw, there was a bloke on with her and a woman whose name escapes me now, but she was anti gun, brown tight curly hair, the bloke was called LORD MCENZIE ill never forget that show as long as i live that Bloke and your best friend MAY gave the most disgusting displays of anti gun propoganda i have ever seen in my life.

No good will come when she takes power for guns or this land. :unhappy:

Thought I had heard it all---- we're talking about the future of the Nation and all you care about is your 'hobby'

Whilst I have been actively involved in Shooting sports for 38 years I'm a little bit more concerned by 'other' problems we face to worry about a 'hobby'

In Peterborough, building firms regularly buy up pieces of ground and submit applications for planning consent.

They then sit and wait for the Council to state how many "affordable" homes they must build, this they agree.

Unfortunately they then start a legal battle to reduce the percentage of "affordable" homes and often win.

This reduces the amount of people able to get on to the bottom of the "property ladder".

But it does increase the money made by the property firms.

It really is a scandal!

So why don't the council buy the land, employ all the out of work builders to build affordable housing then sell them off at cost as starter homes ?

So why don't the council buy the land, employ all the out of work builders to build affordable housing then sell them off at cost as starter homes ?

Because the Government will not give them the money to do that ... They say that they do not have it to give. ( Hang on ) a moment £18 billion for new London Underground rail No problem .... Would you like to build another?

Because the Government will not give them the money to do that ... They say that they do not have it to give. ( Hang on ) a moment £18 billion for new London Underground rail No problem .... Would you like to build another?

But if it covered all costs any bank would forward the money ............. That's if affordable housing covered all costs ?

I can only speak for London on this because it is different in South Wales. In London the low cost starter homes are built but always part of the development goes for social housing. Its part of the 'bribe' to get planning permission but the mayor has quotas of social housing to fill.

Social housing these days means problem families, the days of respectable families ever getting to the top of the housing lists are long gone now. So the people who buy the affordable starter homes soon move out because they can't stand the drug dealing, the loud music, the fights or the police knocking in neighbours doors at 5am

Then the properties are bought up cheaply by landlords who rent them back at inflated rents to the council or housing associations because nobody else would want to live there by then. Another sink estate is born

The idea of affordable starter homes sounds good but.............

Edited by Vince Green

I can only speak for London on this because it is different in South Wales. In London the low cost starter homes are built but always part of the development goes for social housing. Its part of the 'bribe' to get planning permission but the mayor has quotas of social housing to fill.

Social housing these days means problem families, the days of respectable families ever getting to the top of the housing lists are long gone now. So the people who buy the affordable starter homes soon move out because they can't stand the drug dealing, the loud music, the fights or the police knocking in neighbours doors at 5am

Then the properties are bought up cheaply by landlords who rent them back at inflated rents to the council or housing associations because nobody else would want to live there by then. Another sink estate is born

Sad but ... True.

Exactly what I've seen in many cases.

What a kick in the teeth for hard working people as well.

You work hard for years, scrimp and save, work your *** off to get the deposit for a mortgage, go through all the trouble and finally buy a home of your own.

The. You see Mr and Mrs scumbag move in next door, never had a job, got loads of kids, claiming benefits, got a nice new shiny disability car, making loads of noise and trouble in the neighbour hood which you get to see whilst off to work day and night just to cover your mortgage!

The thought of it makes me sick!

Exactly what I've seen in many cases.

What a kick in the teeth for hard working people as well.

You work hard for years, scrimp and save, work your *** off to get the deposit for a mortgage, go through all the trouble and finally buy a home of your own.

The. You see Mr and Mrs scumbag move in next door, never had a job, got loads of kids, claiming benefits, got a nice new shiny disability car, making loads of noise and trouble in the neighbour hood which you get to see whilst off to work day and night just to cover your mortgage!

The thought of it makes me sick!

Sums up exactly why this country needs a huge change, the 'working class' has been pushed to the limit and most politicians are totally out of touch, people who haven't been there or don't know people who are will never understand, I've argued with many privileged people about it before but they just cant understand it.

Thought I had heard it all---- we're talking about the future of the Nation and all you care about is your 'hobby'

Whilst I have been actively involved in Shooting sports for 38 years I'm a little bit more concerned by 'other' problems we face to worry about a 'hobby'

It might be a HOBBY to you with just your v38 years in the game, for me. Its a lifestyle choice and that means a lot to me, as for the country it just that a country, and if it dont suit me ill move no loyalties here just a lot of fond memories. I love this place, but any politician like MAY and others who let personal agendas get so much in the way of other people legal rights con a subjec t as important as firearms control. then sorry we need to be looking for someone who could do the job in a more ballance way in my opinion.

What superb vallues has this bint got that put her so head and shoulders above all other candidates in your eyes, such qualifications that you would give up myour chosen sport for them. .. Hell they must be good . :no:

Sums up exactly why this country needs a huge change, the 'working class' has been pushed to the limit and most politicians are totally out of touch, people who haven't been there or don't know people who are will never understand, I've argued with many privileged people about it before but they just cant understand it.

It's hard for any hardworking people to understand these people. Calling them working class is an insult to genuine working class people.

It's hard for any hardworking people to understand these people. Calling them working class is an insult to genuine working class people.

You've totally misunderstood my post I put working class in inverted commas for that reason, I hate using the term working class but most people get what I mean when using it, have you got a better term?, Why so defensive?, Privileged background perhaps?

You've totally misunderstood my post I put working class in inverted commas for that reason, I hate using the term working class but most people get what I mean when using it, have you got a better term?, Why so defensive?, Privileged background perhaps?

The word you're looking for is Precariat.

I'd hardly say I'm privelaged. I don't have a lot and I work hard for what I do have.

I have understood your post perfectly. You are trying to say that anyone who has a problem with scum is privelaged. No they just choose not to be scum. I live in a mining village as it's the only place we could afford a house. I see lazy feckless people with cans of super strength lager most days on my way to work. How is having a problem with that a sign of privelage?

The word you're looking for is Precariat.

I'd hardly say I'm privelaged. I don't have a lot and I work hard for what I do have.

I have understood your post perfectly. You are trying to say that anyone who has a problem with scum is privelaged. No they just choose not to be scum. I live in a mining village as it's the only place we could afford a house. I see lazy feckless people with cans of super strength lager most days on my way to work. How is having a problem with that a sign of privelage?

Nope you've misunderstood it (probably my fault) I meant the elites of society I.e billionaires etc I put working class in inverted commas because the privileged class themselves as working class to.

I thought the Brexit was about securing choice for your children and controlling immigration / borders.

Improving the NHS etc

Didn't realise that it was for 'Gun control' too

I thought the Brexit was about securing choice for your children and controlling immigration / borders.

Improving the NHS etc

Didn't realise that it was for 'Gun control' too

Dont keep harping back soley to gun control, that is imortant to any shooter it has to be we cant shoot without guns, so course its important.

I asked above .. What has MAY got thats so brilliant and exclusive to land the PM job and give us our onbly chance of thriving what is it abbout her exactly.?

Nothing she has the party ear thats it pure and simple, She is a vemonous bint that is a fact ruthless to the extreme, she was dishing the dirt bon boris early on the day he stood down for pm, she as no morals any dirt will do as long as she gets what she wants that obvious from her actions this week.

There are better options out there than her i would even have gove over here in power fox jenkins any of them over her.

. What has MAY got thats so brilliant and exclusive to land the PM job .?

Err ..its probably what she hasnt got..you know like half the population :) (y) :)

It makes her very electable at the next GE.

Like Maggie,Obama, and Hillary is about to in the US (even though she doesnt deserve it)

What makes you different, appeals to different people.

I agree with you whole heartedly Tony,but the tories know a woman at the helm works.

Edited by Rewulf

Dont keep harping back soley to gun control, that is imortant to any shooter it has to be we cant shoot without guns, so course its important.

I asked above .. What has MAY got thats so brilliant and exclusive to land the PM job and give us our onbly chance of thriving what is it abbout her exactly.?

Nothing she has the party ear thats it pure and simple, She is a vemonous bint that is a fact ruthless to the extreme, she was dishing the dirt bon boris early on the day he stood down for pm, she as no morals any dirt will do as long as she gets what she wants that obvious from her actions this week.

There are better options out there than her i would even have gove over here in power fox jenkins any of them over her.

Correct

Err ..its probably what she hasnt got..you know like half the population :) (y) :)

It makes her very electable at the next GE.

Like Maggie,Obama, and Hillary is about to in the US (even though she doesnt deserve it)

What makes you different, appeals to different people.

I agree with you whole heartedly Tony,but the tories know a woman at the helm works.

Ok if they must have this vagina thing about their PMs what about Andrea Jenkins is it think thats her name she seemed much more screwed down than that other mouthy bint MAY. what a worthless sack of trash THat may is totaly ruthless, Staying with the female slant, Cant they make do with a gender bender like FOX i think he is much more suitable to lead us than MAY.

I dont know Labour with a Stubon your not sacking me tramp in the driving seat and the tories backing a lame horse like MAY not good news at this crucial time for us.

Man May is not even a good oritor she comes accros as a pushy over confident bint . That Angela woman is much more acceptable if your determined to have a female in the driving seat.