Manchester Air Guns. Anyone dealt with them ?

rodp

Right, as said on here in another post I've been looking for a .204 to be abused. Searching the web I came across an advert from Manchester Air Guns for a Howa .204 Mini action synthetic. The price stated was rock bottom, and I fully expected to be told "it's just been sold mate" when I rang them. However, they said in stock ready for collection so I paid by debit card and asked for a receipt to be emailed (Hasn't arrived yet ?)

Question is, when I drive up Tuesday to collect it what should I expect, it's there ready or it's been sold by mistake?

Hope they're reputable and no reason to doubt them (apart from the price) but anyone dealt with them? Hoping I can give good news about them.

Right, as said on here in another post I've been looking for a .204 to be abused. Searching the web I came across an advert from Manchester Air Guns for a Howa .204 Mini action synthetic. The price stated was rock bottom, and I fully expected to be told "it's just been sold mate" when I rang them. However, they said in stock ready for collection so I paid by debit card and asked for a receipt to be emailed (Hasn't arrived yet ?)

Question is, when I drive up Tuesday to collect it what should I expect, it's there ready or it's been sold by mistake?

Hope they're reputable and no reason to doubt them (apart from the price) but anyone dealt with them? Hoping I can give good news about them.

Never new they sold centre fire rifles, but it has been taken over lately, I used to get any bluing done from Colin.

Who took it over, do you know? Not as it makes any difference.

I work down the road, it has been all done up and I popped in there other week, none of the old guys what have been there for donkies years where there, all new faces. I didn't see any rifles except air rifles in there.

The two original owners Alan Hamer and Graham Walker have now sold up and retired (although Alan pops in most Tuesday's to keep his hand in). Without doubt for many years it was the best airgun shop in the country.

The new owners are branching out and sell the odd shotgun and rifle.

I don't know much about the new owners, so cannot really comment further.

The two original owners Alan Hamer and Graham Walker have now sold up and retired (although Alan pops in most Tuesday's to keep his hand in). Without doubt for many years it was the best airgun shop in the country.

The new owners are branching out and sell the odd shotgun and rifle.

I don't know much about the new owners, so cannot really comment further.

:good:

Seems I'll know more Tuesday then, time will tell :lol:

Blast from the past, went there for some parts for a HW80, parked round the back in my 1.9 gti 205, and a delivery man for some bakers advised me to park on the front on double yellows. He said worst thing you will get is a ticket,

Park here and they'll have the wheels off it. Lol

Blast from the past, went there for some parts for a HW80, parked round the back in my 1.9 gti 205, and a delivery man for some bakers advised me to park on the front on double yellows. He said worst thing you will get is a ticket,

I live about 15 mins from the place and drive past it a few times a month..hope it turns out they sell Rimfire and centre fire ammo as it will be useful to top up in there...

He does sell rimfire and centrefire ammo. Decent prices too, has got me some specific types in too that I asked for.

Ha ha ha it's not THAT bad !

Right gents, went there today, 200 mile round trip .................... and it was worth every mile :good: I only wish they were closer as it would be my shop of choice. new owner, Graham, took over two years ago I believe and what a gent. They made an error with the original listing of the rifle I wanted, but to be honest it was one of those "if it looks too good to be true then it will be" cases. I fully expected them to tell me it was sold "ten minutes before you rang sir" but no, they took the order. I rang the next day requesting a receipt to be emailed (it was that cheap) and got put on to Graham (the gaffer), He then told me it had been listed at the wrong price by a lad practising ............ but ............................. he would still do it at a very, very good price as a mark of goodwill.

I'm in business so know mistakes happen, I also know you can't lose money in business, it's the road to sudden death.

Suffice to say I'm very happy with the rifle, very happy with the price, and the service was beyond the call of duty. They're expanding more and more into firearms, they carry some rifles, most ammo, nv, lamps and the prices are good.

if you're local enough pop in and see for yourself.

I'm not one for bulling up suppliers for good service, I expect it as a matter of course. I give it at my place and get on with all my customers, tea and coffee is always offered if they have time (ask Martin, Lord Geordie) so I expect the same when spending hundreds of pounds, and Manchester Air Guns gave it . Top marks to them :good:

Glad it went well mate, and you made it back with your wheels too !! :)

Yep, parked on Aldi (or Lidl ?) and walked up the road. Not only did I keep all my wheels I had a stroll round Aldi as well ................ just the same as round here except the staff have funny accents :hmm:

:lol: :lol:

Called in today after work, he stocks 22lr in subsonic CCI, Rws, Fiocchi.

Target 22lr RWS £37 for 500

He is S&B ammo supplier.

Has gecko, ppu, Rws centre fire on stock, but I would phone and check first.

Stocks tier one mounts and aimsonic mods.

Supplier of Lovex propellants and stocks all primers.

Called in today after work, he stocks 22lr in subsonic CCI, Rws, Fiocchi.

Target 22lr RWS £37 for 500

He is S&B ammo supplier.

Has gecko, ppu, Rws centre fire on stock, but I would phone and check first.

Stocks tier one mounts and aimsonic mods.

Supplier of Lovex propellants and stocks all primers.

I think once a few more have been in they'll stock more and more. Good shop, service was excellent. Wish it was closer though, 200 miles round trip is a bit of a jaunt :yes: