Which powder next

My stock of csb0 has gone and 381 nearly gone and with both not been around i am wondering what powders people are using for steel in 12g 3" an 3-1/2". I did have a word with c&g the other week about ssb150 but they was saying it"s not really a good powder for heavier loads. So whats your thoughts please

I may have to give them a visit if they have some in

Both Alliant Steel and Blue Dot was ALL Sold within 3 hrs of opening from there delivery of !!!!!!!!!!! 10 tubes.

Also there is some good Porkies being banded around about Alliant Steel by Gun Shops and even the importers.

Some saying 100% NO MORE! !!!! Some I'll have it in 2 weeks - Some I'll have in x number of months !!!!!!

Vitavouri 3N38 and N350 are two options that work quite well, 3n38 is good in the tens and 3.5s and N350 the std mag 12s etc.

Not that cheap but its not that bad good thing is its available, for duck loads vectan powders SP2 and Ao would work ok, the SP2 is decent i have used it before in duck loads.

Vitavouri 3N38 and N350 are two options that work quite well, 3n38 is good in the tens and 3.5s and N350 the std mag 12s etc.

Not that cheap but its not that bad good thing is its available, for duck loads vectan powders SP2 and Ao would work ok, the SP2 is decent i have used it before in duck loads.

Tony out of interest how much you paying/ paid for Vihtavuori powder.

I'm paying/paid the same price for same weight as Alliant Steel. PM if you wish

B&P are using M410 in their magnum steel loads! Maybe easier to find being European? http://www.baschieri-pellagri.com/en/catalogo/cartucce+da+caccia/1/1/mat_acciaio.aspx

What we need to do as fowlers is find a company like Proper or those in scotland if they are still on the go calidonian cartridge, and see if they can get M92s, continental shooter was talking about asking about for some, if we can get a tub split it or two tubs whatever it would bypass this imediate problem.

Steel will come back, its just hit and miss when it comes in thats all.

Edgars get bits in and it gets sent out on back orders i imagine, so if you place an order with your local shop with edgars, you might be waiting a wile but you should theoreticaly secure a purchase, the hoarders are all over it soon as its in sound like thats what happened at cranks the other day.

the hoarders are all over it soon as its in sound like thats what happened at cranks the other day.

Correct like the Helpful 2 from some distance who raided my local suppliers then Gloated on Here !!!!!!!!

Given time I'm sure normal service will resume .

I have stopped using vec AO as the price went up to £36 1/2 kg.

But i have been looking at vhit powders

Tony out of interest how much you paying/ paid for Vihtavuori powder.

I'm paying/paid the same price for same weight as Alliant Steel. PM if you wish

I got it in my head it was a bit less than that pestcontrol, but i have been wrong before, I did get it with some CCI BR2 primers and a few hundred bullets, so i could have it wrong but i thought it was more like late 50s a killo.

Rifle powder is in the 70s closer to 80 for % series vitavouri powders.

Ill ring tomorrow if i get chance and post what its costing now on this thread. Then everyone knows for sure.

The N350 i have had awile so no idea what i paid for that.

I have stopped using vec AO as the price went up to £36 1/2 kg.

But i have been looking at vhit powders

Can you get SP2 any idea what that is ? I only had a half a pound i played with it and liked it.

Tell you what is an awesome powder in 16 bore and mag 20s thats LILGUN. its incredible a lad i talk to on predatormasters uses it in 20s and he is getting some good results with steel and HW shot types. Anybody seen any LIL GUN any where on the shelf.?

I've got a pound of Blue dot and over a pound of Steel. That will do for my goose loads for a good while. Factory loads for duck are plenty good enough.

Reckon you're right .... I'll not be putting any more powder towards duck loads once my loaded stock has run out. Equally I don't need to be shooting many shells a year at geese.

Keep calm, and preserve stock!

I've got a pound of Blue dot and over a pound of Steel. That will do for my goose loads for a good while. Factory loads for duck are plenty good enough.

Greedy man But you could always buy a proper Calibre to make the powder last longer !!!!!!!! Get a 20ga lol lol.

I got it in my head it was a bit less than that pestcontrol, but i have been wrong before, I did get it with some CCI BR2 primers and a few hundred bullets, so i could have it wrong but i thought it was more like late 50s a killo.

Rifle powder is in the 70s closer to 80 for % series vitavouri powders.

Ill ring tomorrow if i get chance and post what its costing now on this thread. Then everyone knows for sure.

The N350 i have had awile so no idea what i paid for that.

Well they are only listing 3N38 in 500g at 42 quid if they do it in the 3.5 kilos still i dont know, but its not on the list.

Just rifle powders in 3.5kgs.

So its around a tener more than AO, which is not cheap i paid 65 a kilo for the last lot in 2014 i got 3.5 kgs. they might discount it as if it were in a canister but agin dont know for sure.

I'd like to think that I can more than 'scrape by' when using factory loads on ducks. A 36 gm of no 1 or 2 has killed many high ducks, factory loaded or not.

To be honest you can just about scrape by with duck loads if your decoying them right in, just a few a bit special if you shoot them at range on rivers etc, but most of the time super steels etc will muddle you through.

Can you get SP2 any idea what that is ? I only had a half a pound i played with it and liked it.

Tell you what is an awesome powder in 16 bore and mag 20s thats LILGUN. its incredible a lad i talk to on predatormasters uses it in 20s and he is getting some good results with steel and HW shot types. Anybody seen any LIL GUN any where on the shelf.?

C&G not listing sp2 but he was on about it whether he has any in or not i am not to sure