Beretta a 300 outlander

cheggs1978

ive had an a300 for about 3 years,and if i had the time again i dont think i would buy one,ok i shoot well with it,its feels just right and mechanicly its very good but the the wood looks like its come from a pallet,the barrel blacking is very poor,i came home from yorks on wed 2 hour drive and by the time i got home barrel was rusty and its left the barrel marked,compared to my cheap yildiz 28g o/u its total carp on finish,the tukish guns i own certainly dont rust like that,and my mates a300 is the same.

Happy to be corrected but read they were made in maryland usa

edit as found the info i read

In 2012, Beretta released the A300 Outlander Shotgun. The gun won't have much frills, and it won't be made in Italy, but it'll have the reliability and sleek looks that only Beretta can produce. The best part about the Beretta A300, it has a VERY reasonable price tag. I paid $600 w/ shipping & FFL transfer. That's brand new black synthetic off the factory line. Stoegers cost $450-600, Franchi's $700+, Browning's $900+, Benelli's $1000+, Remington's $700+ and High End Beretta's are $1,300+. So a Beretta quality semi-auto shotgun in the ball park of $600-750? Ummm yeah. I'll take the A300. However I do have an issue with Beretta...They didn't make one in a 20ga!! I'd give anything for a 20ga A300. I think they should make 20ga A300's happen in the next year or so. Best part....MADE IN THE USA!!

Edited by AULD YIN

I shoot one all the time and had mine just under two years (about 7000 shells a year) its a synthetic. I bought it new for less than £700. Its perfect for me easy to clean, but i only do this every 1000 or so (wash the stock under the tap). Well balanced and tough. Easy on the fingers loading in a rush and simple well placed safety. Warm on the hands and decent grip when wet. Easy to strip down and few moving parts. I would not buy anything else.

A400 for me not a single issue with mine, will happily eat 21g and 65mm carts and never had a single jam despite 1500 cartridges between cleans. Easy and quick to strip. Also had a Browning Pheonix that I loved and wish I'd never sold it on as that was also faultless.