River Trent feeder rod

Paul taylor

Allo gents.

Thinking of getting my lad a feeder rod and reel for fishing matches on the Trent got some ideas, maybe a Shimano olivio medium feeder rod and one of the smaller Shimano baitrunner reels brought id ask if anyone had any advice to offer. Don't want to break the bank but after sumat decent.

Thanks in advance. Paul.

Just to add it will mainly be silver fish but you never know what you will hook int Trent.

Edited by Paul taylor

Paul the Maver abyss feeder is a great starter rod (feeder) 9', 10' & 11ft 2 piece with 2 quiver tips.Price around £34-£45,we have a couple of them (11')and use them regular.I favour it for using the method or waggled,it's great for silvers & also capable of handling carp in double figures.Reel wise,our Ben uses cheap £15-£25 bait runners with a min 8lb main line.If they are looked after they last a few yrs.Plus when they start out they don't halve get some tangles & @ that price we just have a few spare spools in the gear bag for a quick swap.

Edited by Davyo

Cheers for that Davey mate. Hope your well and ain't broke your nails strumming that guitar lol.

Ended up buying a very nice s/h Shimano hyperloop feeder rod off another club member for Charlie and looking at the smaller Shimano baitrunner reels. Don't mind getting him decent stuff cos if he stops using them I get them anyway 👍 first match this Sunday, I'll let you know how he does mate. Ta.