Shooting sticks

Probably preaching to the converted here, but I've just put together a set of shooting sticks. Bipod, standing. Must admit to being sceptical, but I'm quite amazed at the stability. Proof will be in the pudding of course, but think they will be good enough for rabbit shooting with my .22LR.

One question though. The pole are used are a little short forcing me to bend forwards very slightly. Good/bad/doesn't matter?

These look the biz. There must be a DIY way to make something similar .......

There is, ask Melb's wife to make you a set of the leather "hammocks" for the top of the sticks, maybe not quite so much lateral movement as those in the pic but certainly a lot more than just sat in the fork of the sticks.

I use short sticks so that they are the right height for when kneeling or sitting. I find that the most stable way for me.

If you use 15mm Dowling you can make them as tall as you like and they are still very light.

I recently saw a video from a member off here using short sticks for sitting shots, I have made standing ones but fancy making a set of these as they look great and you'd be way more stable sat/ kneeling :)

I use these what frenchiboy makes,been using them for years,he even sent me the yolk for the top.They take 30mins to make and can be used standing or sitting.Plus with the indepedent telescopic legs they are perfect for uneven ground or slopes.Cost about £12

Edited by Davyo

I use these what frenchiboy makes,been using them for years,he even sent me the yolk for the top.They take 30mins to make and can be used standing or sitting.Plus with the indepedent telescopic legs they are perfect for uneven ground or slopes.Cost about £12

I am glad to hear that I was able to help another member out and that something that I did was useful for others.

I still use the original set of tripod sticks (The same set that I made in this video) and they are still as reliable as ever - My Freelander would feel naked without my tripod sticks in the luggage section!

Any one got a link for the rowlocks

Just used to get them off ebay ,£5 for two.Might be a bit dearer now but you knly want the nylon ones.Good tip 'get the twist and lock clothes props from Wikinson i think they were £2. Edited by Davyo