Where have all the deer gone

Ruster

They have all moved to Norfolk. My woods are over run with reds, muntjac and roe, plus a few fallow and the odd chinese water deer. The stalker took 60 roe and muntjac last winter , and the deer seemed to be under control, but now their numbers have shot up again.

• 3 months later...

My Muntjac population vanished through the summer which was a bit of a worry, but the wife reminded me I worry about the same ever year. Once the crops grow in the spring the deer spread out further a field but once things die back and the fields are ploughed they soon return to shelter in the woodland. Had a lovely Munty buck Sunday morning and saw four more.

over the last 3 months I have seen no sign of deer on my permissions except the odd foot print in the mud. Are they just all laying low with young or have they all been abducted by aliens? When can I expect to see them again?

God knows where in devon you are from but the number running across the road in front of me on my way to work feels like it has increase :hmm: