Heart Warming Food

johnnytheboy

I've pretty much ate a diet tailored to my gym life for that long I have forgotten good food! The last four or five days I've been unwell (which I never am) and wanted some comfort food. I realised its been that long I have no idea what I even enjoy anymore! Anyway I reckon I'm getting to old for this ****, time to be healthy and enjoy life a little more!

So the question is, what's your favourite homemade dinner!

Lasagne (of questionable authenticity) with loads of crispy burnt bits of pasta sticking up round the edges.

Any slow-cooked/twice cooked meat stew - beef shin with stout or red wine, or a really spicy pork goulash (again, very questionable authenticity) with all the fat and skin cooked right down.

Anything with suet crust or dumplings - steamed meat pudding, rabbit stew, even just some small dumplings with parsley simmered in some chicken stock is a thing of absolute beauty.

Really good sausages with really good mash. Or, frankly, anything with really good mash.

Clafoutis - even/especially when it's cold and soggy the next day.

Home made rice pudding.

Hah! You're making me hungry!

LS

Before the ban on taking Spring salmon, every year the first fish I caught was filleted and divided into portions, to go with it I'd buy fresh Asparagus from The Vale of Evesham, and pick up some Jersey Royals..........simple fare, but a first class Spring dinner!

I do miss it!