Buying Aerosol Gun Cleaner online

B25Modelman

Time to top up my Napier.

One or two online gun dealers state they cannot post aerosol gun cleaning products because it comes under the Royal Mail Prohibited Items.

I have ordered it myself in the past through Amazon but cannot recall how or who delivered it.

Two ebay sellers are offering it at good prices with Free Royal Mail postage...HOW. Both show many cans sold.

I messaged both but they did not reply.

There are several references on the internet to a product called GT85 which you can get in lots of places for £4 or less. I could show you a gas opp semi auto shotgun which has had 1000s of rounds though it and it has only ever has GT85 used as a cleaner / lubricant.

There are several references on the internet to a product called GT85 which you can get in lots of places for £4 or less. I could show you a gas opp semi auto shotgun which has had 1000s of rounds though it and it has only ever has GT85 used as a cleaner / lubricant.

OK thanks I will look at that product.

The thing with Napier is it's ability and ease to remove powder residue.

This made me chuckle.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GT85-Spray-Lube-PTFE-400/dp/B000OYFSIG

ahhh it's £2 in Halfords...which is right next to my MOLE store.

Edited by B25Modelman

It'll do your bike chain nicely too

• 3 months later...

£4 blimey its £1.99 at Aldi a tin sometimes less!

When it's less I stock up must have 20 cans in the shed!

If your miles from Aldi cpc do it for £2.24 a tin and free delivery over £5 so order 3 tins for £7

Edited by HDAV

Best product I've used to remove powder is WD40 best lube for a semi auto is WD40 dry PTFE nothing for dust and grit to stick to,never been a fan of any WD products in the past as it's not a lubricant in my eyes.

I have a large tin of Napier and noticed it dries to s varnish, all round the rim on top of tin is varnish same on the barrels on an old sxs I sprayed and put away, not the product I thought it was.

Best lubricant is synthetic car oil like Mobil one as it won't gum up or be burnt when firing the gun.

Edited by figgy

PTFE is a lubricant that was the whole idea behind using GT85, yes WD40 with PTFE will be a similar product to GT85 and yes synthetic motor oil can be a good lubricant in the right place. In a gas operated semi auto shotgun lubricated with oil the powder residue turns to a gooey sludge which has the effect gumming everything up and it finds its way back to the action and trigger group. After using gas operated semi autos for over 20 years this is the first one I have used GT85 as the only cleaner / lubricant and it is definitely by far the cleanest inside.