fox callers

hodge911

• 2 weeks later...

same as usual with this one, different calls work on different foxes. Some of the american ones are good and some arent. Distress ones tend to work reasonably well. I have a foxpro and the jackrabbit one, cottontail and amusingly nutty woodpecker (or similar as I cant exactly remember what it is called) work well. I have downloaded a few with cub distress and uk fox mating calls working well.

• 2 weeks later...

You dont need a fox caller, just squeek them in with your hand, easy and works every time.

I would have agreed with you ...until I bought one. Try getting a dog or vixen who has breeding on their mind to come into a hand squeak. I am not saying that hand calling doesnt work, I have shot more foxes using this then any other call, however I have also shot a good number of foxes using different calls on an electronic caller.

I would have agreed with you ...until I bought one. Try getting a dog or vixen who has breeding on their mind to come into a hand squeak. I am not saying that hand calling doesnt work, I have shot more foxes using this then any other call, however I have also shot a good number of foxes using different calls on an electronic caller.

+1. Most of my Foxes have been taken when I've used hand calls etc. But, using my Foxpro, with added bait and a rockin' rabbit, has increased my chances tenfold.

This is so frustrating!

My hand-squeak scares the living poo out of entire fields.

I've watched thousands (probably) of videos and tried so hard to emulate them without luck. I've downloaded stuff to my phone - no luck (well, once), I've pushed calls to a bluetooth speaker.

I've done rabbit distress, fox cub distress, mating, mouse squeaks, magpie alerts and a quick rendition of Mobi Play (before I hit the mute button). All with nil show of ginger pests. Some maggies did show a bit of interest though.

+1. Most of my Foxes have been taken when I've used hand calls etc. But, using my Foxpro, with added bait and a rockin' rabbit, has increased my chances tenfold.

Just don't drop the remote controller eh mate? :lol::whistling:

This is so frustrating!

My hand-squeak scares the living poo out of entire fields.

I've watched thousands (probably) of videos and tried so hard to emulate them without luck. I've downloaded stuff to my phone - no luck (well, once), I've pushed calls to a bluetooth speaker.

I've done rabbit distress, fox cub distress, mating, mouse squeaks, magpie alerts and a quick rendition of Mobi Play (before I hit the mute button). All with nil show of ginger pests. Some maggies did show a bit of interest though.

Just don't drop the remote controller eh mate? :lol::whistling:

:good::lol:

Hunting should be about skill, pitting your wits against a worthy quarry

Electronic calls are for those who just want to kill stuff................

Interesting point but surely if this was the case we wouldnt use rifles we would stick to spears or bows and arrows. Isnt the ultimate point of shooting to shoot things?

I enjoy shooting, I enjoy the challenge and respect my quarry. However the farmers who allow me to shoot on their ground want stuff killed.

Hunting should be about skill, pitting your wits against a worthy quarry

Electronic calls are for those who just want to kill stuff................

or if you have a job to do.... its more productive to set a caller 100-150yards away and set it to call and let it do the work for you....less chance of them getting the scent of you, also calling them in towards the call in the middle of a field to investigate takes some of the suspicion from the lamp/shooter/pick up your shooting from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've used the fox pro fury to good effect in the past, particularly on the lambing fields, I now 99% of the time use 6 hand held calls to pretty good effect on a landyard, mainly as an aid to get em in the safe zone and as a stopper for the shot

I've been out with foxers and seen in disbelieve electronic callers with a mix of over zealous lamping completely mess a night up, spooked everything for miles with continues noise and lamping, basic field craft, getting the wind and position right will get you more results, planned quiet spotting and patience will outshine a caller.

There are a time and place for a caller but use when required, some calls are terrific when you get it right, as another option

Patrol

• 2 months later...

had 67 so far since 1st June and the vast majority came into my hand squeak, one night just recent we had 13 all to the hand call!

Do have an electronic call but its a secondary for us.

same for me virtually all are called off my hand. but this time of year the foxpro comes into its own with the various mating calls. as we know they can become completely uninterested in distress calls at this time as they are completely focused on mating

at the moment i have the fox pro fusion as well with the fox jack 4 decoy fastened to the back,this does take their attention for sure when they come to the call,leaving you in the back ground un seen...i have called foxes for over 25 years with my hands and lips and still do now on the night,but these electronic callers what ever the make are seriously the way forward in my eyes

Edited by simon6ppc