another woman as pm

dead eye alan

I'm puzzled into seeing how voting someone into lead the government who is opposed to our leaving the EU can be in the best interests of the majority who voted to leave . Sounds a bit strange to me. Will we not just end up with EU 'lite' ?

There again, as long as we're out I don't suppose I'd be too bothered, but think Andrea Leadsom the much better option from my point of view.

I'm not sure shooters will find an ally in May as she was in favour of the EU firearms directive.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The establishment want May, so we can all expect Andrea Leadsoms past to be examined in the media in forensic detail,.......if they can't find scandal they'll make it up!

According to Wikipedia, the journalist leading the attacks on Andrea Leadsom is married to the Diplomatic Editor of "The Guardian", who is described as "known for his contacts inside the Labour Party" and has apparently spent his whole career with the "New Statesman", "The Guardian" and "The Observer".

Would this couple be acting in the best interests of the country, or just hoping to damage the Conservative party and thus advance their own careers?

I'm puzzled into seeing how voting someone into lead the government who is opposed to our leaving the EU can be in the best interests of the majority who voted to leave . Sounds a bit strange to me. Will we not just end up with EU 'lite' ?

There again, as long as we're out I don't suppose I'd be too bothered, but think Andrea Leadsom the much better option from my point of view.

I'm not sure shooters will find an ally in May as she was in favour of the EU firearms directive.

Do you not think that a majority of Tory MPs are praying for a Euro lite outcome,something like the Norway option?Whether that would be a better option than remaining,I don`t know.

Do you not think that a majority of Tory MPs are praying for a Euro lite outcome,something like the Norway option?Whether that would be a better option than remaining,I don`t know.

Last time I was in Norway (admittedly it was a few years ago) a discussion arose re the then common market. Norway at that time had chosen not to join. A Norwegian said to me "why join ? we have a trade surplus of a gazillion krona, almost full employment, so why give those Gallic 'persons' a single krona"

They are still doing ok I believe, at least until the north sea oil & gas run out

Edit = not sure x years later if the Norwegian status has changed.

Edited by Sha Bu Le

I have no idea to be honest; I just can't see a pro EU government leader trying too hard to implement the entire process of leaving. It would be all too easy for a pro EU negotiator to claim they have done all they could...take it or leave it.

On the upside, so long as EU bureaucrats can no longer ride roughshod over UK legislation and we're no longer contributing to the EU economy as we were, then I'm quite happy.

At least in the future if I disapprove of a particular politician I can vote against them.

mmm thatcher , sturgeon , what could possibly go wrong :hmm:

come to think of it, the list could include all the other PM's since Churchill ;)

Was it not Mrs may who wanted further firearms banned a little while ago.

IMHO, everything! these politicos have it all worked out 10 moves in advance of publication?

Fancy us being lucky enough to end up with a new PM who voted to stay in and now tries to tell us she's up for guiding us out?

Impossible to write a script as rediculous as this?

Nothing to do with gender either, all inept?

Who said she was

Sadly I do, in her rush to grab it all for her mates she gave away total control of our service sector, gas, electric and water? Look where we are now! Our NHS going by the back door too?

Our German cousins were bright enough to avoid that one, retaining the controlling majority as commons sense dictated?

Well, I think thats really, really convenient. Whomever is pulling May's string had a nice plan all along, and her adversaries pretty conveniently vanished in thin air.

It's pretty incredible 'she' is the only one whos eems to have had a nicely laid out plan all along for this. Boris? *poof* vanished out of thin air, and the others as well. I wonder if they got a small phone call from people who are pretty good at collecting dirt to ensure they don't get in the way.

No wonder she doesn't want any privacy for anyone, that should make the even easier.

There is little point in worrying what she will be like as the PM in the end it does not matter much what people say in out we all now that they never do what they say they will and that is not always there fault as things are often not as simple as they appear to be I am not a supporter of here party but all that we can really do is wait and hope for the best not much point in winging on and on.

She may well have been more rounded if she was a mother but whomever signs Article 50 is committing political suicide.

She will be committing political suicide and setting her party off into the wilderness if she doesn't sign it.

My view is that she would trade the EU for the ability to surround herself with those that will support her 'security' agenda.

but whomever signs Article 50 is committing political suicide.

I don't think so... quite the opposite in fact.

We had a referendum, the result was clear. The majority of the British public voted to leave the EU.

Any politician, from any party, trying to overturn or diminish that result would find themselves and their party unelectable for decades to come. In all probability that party would be destroyed from the inside and further afield at the ballot box.

The sooner Article 50 is invoked the better. We, as a country need to move forward now, there is, and never should be, any other option.

On a separate note I find it quite ironic that two of the most vociferous exponents of overturning the referendum decision are the Lib Dems and the Greens. Strange then that they were bemoaning our 'First past the post' election process last year when they argued (quite rightly) that their representation didn't match their votes. If I remember rightly they, along with Plaid Cymru delivered a petition to No.10 asking for a review of the system to include some form of proportional representation.

The EU referendum was a vote based purely on proportional representation. One man, one vote, every vote counts and only two options on the ballot paper. It couldn't have been any clearer. You would think the Libs and Greens would have accepted the result with good grace... wouldn't you?

May is NOT a good choice/result given the 4pm news saying she'll be PM on Wednesday.

She's not a fan of private firearms ownership.

Countryside Alliance chairman ".....has written to the candidates with 10 questions of current interest to people in the countryside. We have published below the response from Andrea Leadsom and will publish Theresa May’s reply in he same format early next week."

http://www.countryside-alliance.org/key-questions-answered-to-become-prime-minister/

Andrea Leadsom's response seems to be both reasoned and reasonable. It will be very interesting to see Mrs May's reply, assuming she does find the time to reply.