Oh look, more rain !

robbiep

Chuffin weather.

We've currently got no slates on the roof, as a load of timbers need replacing. So the entire house is tarpaulin-ed over. And it's chucking it down - again !

We found 11 wasps nests in total in the old roof while taking it apart. 8 of which were active.

On the bright side, I get to see if there are any gaps where rain can get through !

Chuffin weather.

We've currently got no slates on the roof, as a load of timbers need replacing. So the entire house is tarpaulin-ed over. And it's chucking it down - again !

We found 11 wasps nests in total in the old roof while taking it apart. 8 of which were active.

On the bright side, I get to see if there are any gaps where rain can get through !

Also ideal ambush position to shoot wood pigeons!

Chuffin weather.

Same here on the Wirral Robbie.

PS. your old Lightning still brilliant.

Keep it in your neck of the woods, please. We are forecast cloud all day but no rain, and Little Lord Seagrave is having his birthday picnic in Hyde Park this afternoon...

Bloody weather. We may have academically disadvantaged him, but at The very least we ought to be able to rely on his having some decent summer birthday parties.

:no:

LS

Chuffin weather.

Leave a couple of closed cavities and gaps for the sparrows on your re roof?

Keep it in your neck of the woods, please. We are forecast cloud all day but no rain, and Little Lord Seagrave is having his birthday picnic in Hyde Park this afternoon...

Bloody weather. We may have academically disadvantaged him, but at The very least we ought to be able to rely on his having some decent summer birthday parties.

:no:

LS

Ahh, Mrs P is down in London for the weekend, so it'll probably be lovely down there.

The devil looks after his own, as they say !

Leave a couple of closed cavities and gaps for the sparrows on your re roof?

We've got bats in a stone gable, so that's being left. Plenty of bird boxes up around the house. We also have lots of nesting areas on the stables and barns, not to mention the 14 acres around the house that is lightly grazed wildflower meadow, and all the woodland that is maintained for conservation.

Fly fishing Grafham on Thursday. First decent day for weeks, warm SW, plenty of fish moving with four to the boat and seven for my buddy. Insects hatching and fish taking dry fly. Raaay, season getting going at last.

Today, manky low cloud, chucking rain and miserable. More rain forecast for tomorrow so it will probably be back to dragging lures. Depressing.

I read one of the papers this morning - forecasts heatwave from middle of next week - lasting until the end of August. Looked at the Met Office site - forecast nothing like this at all.

Who finds these idiots who predict the weather?

My old Grandad used to say that when the big toe on his right foot got cold he knew it was going to rain and when the big toe on his left foot got cold he knew it was going to snow.

When both his feet got cold then he went and put some shoes and socks on :|

It's either Jonathan Cainer, or, when he's on holiday, Russell Grant.

LS

I hope it's not JC, he died a while ago i think.

From the grave?

Sorry, you beat me to it :lol:

It's wazzing it down here in Leeds as well..

It is varying between 36 to 38 where I am at the moment and hasn't rained for two years.

Speaking with a local last night he said they are expecting a heatwave and temps could rise to 48 and possibly 50 within the next few weeks! It was 42 two days before we got here! 😎

Edited by Scully

It is varying between 36 to 38 where I am at the moment and hasn't rained for two years.

Speaking with a local last night he said they are expecting a heatwave and temps could rise to 48 and possibly 50 within the next few weeks! It was 42 two days before we got here!

Mods: can we ban this wag please?

Speaking with a local last night he said they are expecting a heatwave and temps could rise to 48 and possibly 50 within the next few weeks! It was 42 two days before we got here!

So, you're working in a foundry in Sheffield then ? :hmm: