L200 starting issues

MGMPEST

i own a 2005 L200 warrior, 95k on the clock. This week out of the blue it failed to start, flat battery. Took the battery out put it on charge over night, re-fitted and it fired straight away. Next day flat again, wouldn't fire. So have done the usual tests, battery straight off charge 13.6v, alternator charging 14.7v, parasitic draw initially 51.3mA after 5 seconds 13mA. I will check standing voltage again in a few hours to see if voltage has decreased. Any ideas? knackered battery??

thanks in advance

if it is charging...and only drawing 13ma thereafter..........really points to a funny battery...........just check after 1/2 hour if it is still drawing 13ma......is the alarm system cutting in..

only other thing to do is to charge it or run it during the day and at night pull the negative cable off then put it on in the morning and see what happens...if it cant run the alarm system and the clock and stuff overnight...battery is stuffed

Edited by ditchman

It's the battery fairies, I've had them visit a time or two. They wait until you've done all the checks then when you've gone to bed they sneak in, at the dead of night, and steal all the electric out of your battery. They're very crafty and never come while you're about or got a meter in your hand.

Devious and well camouflaged, you never ever see them.

just tested voltage again after driving for around 30 miles at midday, it stands at 12.88volts, i have disconnected batt and will see if it starts in the morning, I'm hoping it is just the battery. Priced up a Varta battery for £77, doesn't seem to badly priced, any other recommendations?

Disconnect positive that goes to alternator and check battery voltage in morning, had similar on vehicle I had although alternator was doing what it should there was a short in there draining battery.

Not wishing to pick flies but disconnect earth , not positive.

• 2 weeks later...