little afternoon session with Rudi

muncher

I woke this morning to my stepson making the dogs bark at 4.oo am as he had forgotten his key ,oh the joys! and as our border was un well ended up at the vets with a very ill dog needing a operation and put on a drip until Sunday morning ,fingers crossed . So when I got home after dinner and it had stopped raining I went for a scout round ,but found very little that had me interested .so I went back to a field of peas which has a few down and a small trickle of birds around so I set up with the wind on my back on the edge of a dyke and a patch of well eaten peas to place my rotary and a few on cradles ,I had to restrict my shooting to in front and to my right as a major road on my left was quite close . I didn't expect much it was just nice to be out and I hoped to maybe get twenty or so . After a while one came in very nicely and was dealt with this continued slowly but just enough to keep me going ,it never took off but I had several customers and to help matters I was shooting very well. I decide to stop at 5 and pack up with 41 on the clicker I managed to pick 37 and a crow lost 4 in very high peas which I couldn't pick ,but I knew they were dead . Rudi has only two weeks before she has her pups I had to stop her working and I think that's her last trip for a while.

WP_20160709_17_44_00_Pro_zps1zrp4oxr.jpg

Edited by muncher

and nicely done .....thought all the peas had been harvested............so you will be having another go at them the day after harvest i bet ... :good::good:

Didn't get the field I wanted thought it was on one of my farms ,but luckily found out before I shot it that it was over the boundary ,a big bag was on for that field and as I know the lads who shoot it I let it be .

I would say 41 is a very nice bag indeed for a afternoon , you done very well and Rudi look a picture of health although she do look a bit on the warm side with her big ole tongue out . :lol:

We are seeing a nice lot of pigeons ,but every field is becoming a free meal for the local pigeon population , today I looked down the marsh at some wheat fields and there pigeons about but with no laid areas and 100s of acres of wheat which go on for as far as the eye can see getting a decent bag is not one of the easiest things to do but its nice to have the challenge anyhow.

Didn't get the field I wanted thought it was on one of my farms ,but luckily found out before I shot it that it was over the boundary ,a big bag was on for that field and as I know the lads who shoot it I let it be .

Respct to you for that, don't see much of that nowadays!

Hope the terrier makes a good recovery.

Word was out you was there :lol: