A few pigeons with the shotkam

I think you may have misunderstood what I said. You may well kill more birds now you have opened your chokes up. The shots I was talking about you missing would still have been missed with an open choke - the shot would not have spread wide enough with ANY choke.

No I understood what you were saying, the birds that were missed on the video were close, longer range birds were dropped hence my explanation.

At the end of the day missed is missed so we will never know, we all like to think that the birds we shoot are in the centre of out pattern the truth is in many cases they are not.

Close range birds and tight chokes is a recipe for a poor bag, no matter who you are your just making it harder for yourself

Maybe our opinions of how far off some shots were is because I was there and know the distance etc

All I would say to anyone is get yourself a shotkam or borrow one and look at your own shots,, it's surprising what you find some birds are in the centre of a pattern and still do not drop

Cheers

Terry

No I understood what you were saying, the birds that were missed on the video were close, longer range birds were dropped hence my explanation.

At the end of the day missed is missed so we will never know, we all like to think that the birds we shoot are in the centre of out pattern the truth is in many cases they are not.

Close range birds and tight chokes is a recipe for a poor bag, no matter who you are your just making it harder for yourself

Maybe our opinions of how far off some shots were is because I was there and know the distance etc

All I would say to anyone is get yourself a shotkam or borrow one and look at your own shots,, it's surprising what you find some birds are in the centre of a pattern and still do not drop

Cheers

Terry

:hmm: Your right I would be very surprised if a bird was centre pattern and did not drop at sensible ranges for the load used.

:hmm: Your right I would be very surprised if a bird was centre pattern and did not drop at sensible ranges for the load used.

It happens I've seen it now on a couple of occasions when looking back at footage thinking I don't know how I missed that ! Only to find out that I didn't miss it, the dot was in the correct place the shot pattern must have had gaps within it meaning that no vitals were struck... A few feathers and gone ....