Magpies on countryfile

Rimfireboy

You all may scoff, but magpies have human rights too.

Surely they have bird rights? And although I trap and shoot them, oh and dislike them due to them destroying other species, they are still a interesting bird.. And deserve respect from us shooters.

Nit sure I agree with hand rear and release though..

Surely they have bird rights? And although I trap and shoot them, oh and dislike them due to them destroying other species, they are still a interesting bird.. And deserve respect from us shooters.

Nit sure I agree with hand rear and release though..

I always give them respect. I always say" Now die mr magpie" ........... then blast it :good:

I am always amazed how a little kindness given to injured or sick wildlife by people who care invariably results in name calling and ridicule by the gun owning brigade.

Do you people dislike wildlife so much, that everything you see must be killed.

A sad world indeed.

No but saving magpies which impact heavily on the populations of declining species does little in the name of conservation. If she was helping to persevere songbirds or red squirrels it would be a different case.

On a side point is it not illegal to release them magpies back into the wild?

Edited by zipdog

I am always amazed how a little kindness given to injured or sick wildlife by people who care invariably results in name calling and ridicule by the gun owning brigade.

Do you people dislike wildlife so much, that everything you see must be killed.

A sad world indeed.

:good:

just about to write something similar myself

No but saving magpie which impact heavily on the populations of declining species does little in the name of conservation. If she was helping to persevere songbirds or red squirrels it would be a different case.

On a side point is it not illegal to release them magpies back into the wild?

If magpies are native it should not be illegal to release into the wild, it would however be illegal to release a trapped or healed grey squirrel as non native.

Surprised at u charlie, but in reality u would be doing an injured wild animal far more kindness by killing it there and then, i can only imagine the stress these wild birds must be under just being in close contasct with humans, never mind the pain they must be in till wotever it is heals.

How many on here would fancy being stuck in a cage in a strange place with a broken leg with no pain killers, i'd have the bullet please