Lovely summer evening

Mentalmac

With the summer evenings lasting longer, and having a bit of time to myself, I thought I'd venture to the golf club to thin out the rabbits (the owners been on the phone lately saying he needs some gotten rid of).

With setting up a business taking up a lot of my time this last month or so I've been really busy and haven't had much time to shoot so tonight was simply wonderful.

I managed to get myself into a few good places to take the odd rabbit from, and It was nice to watch nature at work in the early evening.

It was very blustery where I was shooting, a fair amount of window to add for the little .17 bullet, so feebly being knocked off course in the wind, still, not enough to stop me shooting 5 fine rabbits from 75-120 yards tonight. (Except one youngish rabbit that I got at 45 yards)

The beauty of the golf course is rabbits are plentiful, and the scenery is lovely - the downside is it's very exposed to try to stalk up to rabbits so you have to be good at a decent range.

DA9A5E5E-5F5B-40B2-98FB-F3409C13AF50-476

I took the largest rabbit from each group I shot, and with this I got 5 tonight for just 1.5 hours shooting.

9D6DAFE8-1D18-48BF-AE89-FBF579D94CF3-476

Here's the final bag:

D309229E-F736-42E6-843A-4BD04C4078F0-476