My first Norfolk pigeons.

JDog

Muncher has been doing his very best to get me into Norfolk to shoot a few pigeons but with one thing and another I have been unable to join him. Motty I am sure would make a better shooting companion in any event.

However the good news is that I have been out and shot a few today thanks to a kind invitation from Harnser of this forum. My drive went well until the outskirts of Norwich when there were road works all over the place and I ended up three minutes late for our meeting.

The field in question was laid barley. Harnser has has considerable success on the same field of late and before I arrived he had set up the hide and put out the rotary and decoys and all that remained was for the magnet to be switched on.

Trying not to exaggerate I would say that I saw getting on for 500 pigeons crossing the field in both directions but rather like the day I had with Agaman in the spring when we set up on beans they seemed aimless with their flights and I am sure that we saw the same pigeons more than once.

We had good banter for a few hours and shot a few that decoyed. I would like to be set up on that field after it has been harvested. No doubt Harnser will get a bag full.

After you left JD I stayed for an other half hour and then rain came down . I picked up 17 birds but proberbly missed a few in the barley . We lost another 5or 6 birds in the taters and the field opposite plus the birds that managed to fly off .It was nice to meet you and we did have a good chin wag . Hopefully we can do it again .

Harnser

After you left JD I stayed for an other half hour and then rain came down . I picked up 17 birds but proberbly missed a few in the barley . We lost another 5or 6 birds in the taters and the field opposite plus the birds that managed to fly off .It was nice to meet you and we did have a good chin wag . Hopefully we can do it again .

Harnser

Well done you......nice when PW folk can travel about and have a welcome everywhere they go .... :good::good::good:

Well, I swear a lot less than Muncher, anyway.

I left Norwich at around 14.30 this afternoon and it started to tip it down.

If you fancy another outing into Norfolk soon, I would imagine I might be able to get onto some stubble in the next fortnight - weather permitting.