I made the "old bill" run

ditchman

Welllll..............tuesday night is fish an chip night.......and it has been chucking down with rain up to 5.30 this eve'....and it is fish an chip night...trouble is when it chucks it down the dip in Brundall under the rail bridge fills up with water and they close it off......well im sick an tired of doing detours cause everybody is frightened of the odd puddle....so i moved the cones and drove on......

get to the "dip"...and sure enough the was 4'ft of water in it.....and strangely enough...a line of new disco's and the odd range rover the other side...waiting for the water to drop

anyway on the other side was a "cut price policeman" preventing people driving thro'...fair enough i thought...cars would float away...so i shouted across to him was the any damage to the road ...he said no it was just the water...so i shouted back i was comin' thro......he started to throw a fit...and i told him not to stand at the waters edge............

i dont think he had really grasped the situation !..............i had a proper 4x4 and i was wanting my chips...and he wasnt wearing waders...

so i started to drive thro....steady like and the bow wave pushed up infront of me about a foot higher than the bonnet....water was coming in the doors....sort of gentle flow...nuthin serious............

well i started to rise up the other side........taking the bow wave which had gone down to the top of the radiator.....then i glanced at the old plod with his mouth open as this wall of water bore down on him...(i did tell him to get out of the way).....

Well.............the last time i saw someone turn and run like that was when they had terminal diaorrea and knew they had to run for the loo ..or else

i was on a mission ....it was chip nite after all

trouble is im going to have to empty my spots tomorrow....another job..........

post-11401-0-12828000-1468353466_thumb.jpg

Edited by ditchman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You ort to paint your lamps Red and Green for port and starboard ditchy , it looked like you hit a bit of swell on your mission for your evening meal,

I did see the R N L I inshore boat going hell for leather up the A 47 just after that storm we had , one of the blokes was clutching some salt and vinegar , why he wanted that god above know. :lol:

Put the spots on the roof,for next time with no ingress.

sensible suggestion.............but i hope to be taking the roof off this summer and turning it into a full soft top.........it will also affect the "aerodynamics" of the vehicle :lol::lol: