I made the "old bill" run

ditchman

going thro water ..(deep stuff) may be fun but a real pain in the ****.......cause the next day the grill has to come off and wash out all the grass bits ...leaves....twigs...chewing gum wrappers...fag ends....all gunked in the radiator................

We were in Tesco Beccles - wow, never seen rain like it and never seen people checking out every product on the shelves. I've never spent so much time in a supermarket or seen so many soaking wet kids. Then the storm followed us home. Did cut lawns again - thinking of getting a goat.

im having to cut the grass twice a week at the moment..............

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were in Tesco Beccles - wow, never seen rain like it and never seen people checking out every product on the shelves. I've never spent so much time in a supermarket or seen so many soaking wet kids. Then the storm followed us home. Did cut lawns again - thinking of getting a goat.

Get a lamb, mutton tastes nicer than goat!

Ditchie, when you got your chips, did you go back through the water?

How would the Rozzers know if the road was sound under the water? ....... I bet they did not know

everytime it rains hard the dip fills up......the road before and after all the houses are owned by old buffers...wot wot dontcha know ..sort of thing...they also do community policeing ...on the traffic speeds....pointing a wella hairdrier at you...wearing a high vis jacket with ...(i think )with POLICE on it ...which is ILLEGAL as its impersonating a officer of the loo..........the speed is 30 MPH.....i never do more than 30mph and i very very strongly object to having that thing pointed at me when they damn well know im legal....last year i got so fed up with it i stopped backed up and told them "if you have no reason to point that at me when you can well see im not exceeding the limit and you are plain stupid and board ...i will take it off you and shove it up your ****...".......they took my number and the day after the local plod came round the house...and had a cup of tea with me and a good larf.......these old buffers have been on police coarses how to use the machine and when not to use it ...and he has been called out to 20 or so people with the same complaint as me....and he has warned these old buffers.................so when it rains they all form a "possy" and take control of the situation......they could not control a lash up in a brewery..........they are all old BLOODY BUSYBODIES ...and it was time to get my own back

rant over.. :lol:

Edited by ditchman

First of all you are living in dream land if you are waiting for the summer to arrive to take the top off. :whistling:

As for the old people pointing there speed thing at you just look at them and smile they are doing no harm and by doing what they are doing it may just stop some young/old fool killing a member of you family tacking the dog or children out for a walk down the road.

As for them stopping people driving in to the water there are a lot of people who drive in to water not thinking that it is very deep and blocking the road you was lucky that your LR did not float but being a LR it is probably so full of rust holes that it would not float anyway. :lol: :lol:

We have the same group of old buffers my way in a village called Mark they sit in a driveway with their speed gun just before the speed limit increase. The only thing they can do is pass your details over to the police who might send you a letter advising you that you have been reported for the offence of speeding but that is the end of it as a ticket cannot be issued. And yes I also dislike having anything pointed at me, I would like a device that sends some sort of signal out to make there machine say I am doing over 200 mph :whistling:

Very good, now if I want a Land Rover I have a nice registration I can copy!

Use a paint program to mask the number you twonk!

I never understand the idea of blanking out the number, what happens when your driving down the road, or its parked outside your house. This is not a go bat anybody that does this, I am genuinely interested in the reasoning behind it.

I never understand the idea of blanking out the number, what happens when your driving down the road, or its parked outside your house. This is not a go bat anybody that does this, I am genuinely interested in the reasoning behind it.

I think if its driving down the road then its probably local, so then there were two !

Easy to get noticed then.

In an add or photo there is usually a location, he's down South so use that no. up North.

There are a lot of people do this to avoid mot tax and insurance.

Not much chance of getting pulled over these days if your careful, not enough police cars,it's all number reading camera's.

First of all you are living in dream land if you are waiting for the summer to arrive to take the top off. :whistling:

As for the old people pointing there speed thing at you just look at them and smile they are doing no harm and by doing what they are doing it may just stop some young/old fool killing a member of you family tacking the dog or children out for a walk down the road.

As for them stopping people driving in to the water there are a lot of people who drive in to water not thinking that it is very deep and blocking the road you was lucky that your LR did not float but being a LR it is probably so full of rust holes that it would not float anyway. :lol: :lol:

1. you are right about summer........it was autuminal this morning
  2. i have NO PROBLEM with local community doing speed checks....you dont know these clicky lot like i do....its the way they virtually acost you when they are out...a bit of power has gone to their heads
  3. having spent over 20 years in central africa since 1977 i know EXACTLY what i can do with a landrover and how deep i can wade without opening the doors
  4. its not full of rust either

END OF

1. you are right about summer........it was autuminal this morning
  2. i have NO PROBLEM with local community doing speed checks....you dont know these clicky lot like i do....its the way they virtually acost you when they are out...a bit of power has gone to their heads
  3. having spent over 20 years in central africa since 1977 i know EXACTLY what i can do with a landrover and how deep i can wade without opening the doors
  4. its not full of rust either

END OF

Good reply :good: :good:

Reminds me of this apparently true, story.

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road. One of the officers used a hand held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.

Just then a deafening roar over the tree tops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in low flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea.
Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff letter of complaint to the RAF Liaison Office. By return came the reply in true laconic RAF style:
"Thank you for your message, which now allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognised the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed. Good Day"
Made me titter.

Reminds me of this apparently true, story.

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road. One of the officers used a hand held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.

Just then a deafening roar over the tree tops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in low flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea.
Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff letter of complaint to the RAF Liaison Office. By return came the reply in true laconic RAF style:
"Thank you for your message, which now allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognised the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed. Good Day"
Made me titter.

Check Snopes - http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/radar.asp

Mike.

Is police-bashing par for the course here? If so, I've got a few crackers!!

Sadly it is by some, but if they're good, go ahead and post anyway...

Mike.