baiting for crows

rayhallam

I heard of someone doing this some years ago to shoot pigeons over rape.

They broadcast grain peas and beans over a badly hit spot then, once the pigeons had found it, had a huge bag.

From memory the days shooting was reported in a shooting magazine saying that big bags are possible on rape.

It omitted the fact that the field had been baited for some days before being shot over.

I heard of someone doing this some years ago to shoot pigeons over rape.

They broadcast grain peas and beans over a badly hit spot then, once the pigeons had found it, had a huge bag.

From memory the days shooting was reported in a shooting magazine saying that big bags are possible on rape.

It omitted the fact that the field had been baited for some days before being shot over.

illegal too...

illegal too...

Yes indeed but was, allegedly, done by a 'professional pigeon shooter' to prove you can shoot big bags over rape.

They just didnt tell the magazine just how they managed to get that many birds on rape.

Edited by masmiffy

• 3 weeks later...

Just a thought.

Is shooting crows etc 'illegal' if they are clearing up grain etc around feeders?

Could be deemed as 'baiting'?

We also had a huge 10 tonne spoil heap of grain which was black with crows, guess it would be illegal to shoot them off that as well!!

I dont think you would have an issue as the presence of the grain is not to tempt crows merely spoil that they are feeding on.