Hello and a question regarding oils/grease

corno

Hello! After a few months of using a friends SBS hammer gun (!) for sporting clays, I finally took the plunge and bought a Beretta 682 Gold Sporting with 30" barrels. Very pleased with it. Already in two months I've visited four different clay grounds with it, frequenting two that are local (Park Farm and Riverside shooting ground). I'm going to book some more tuition soon and reap the benefits.

I recently bought a gun care kit which contained both gun oil and gun grease. Could someone clarify which do I use where? I have been putting grease on the chokes, hinges, the receiver end of the barrel, and on the ejectors. I'm aware that I should avoid oil on the wood, and have been cleaning the barrels inside and out with Napier vp90.

Thanks! :)

I use grease sparingly on the knuckle joint, the actual bite on the barrel and chokes on one of my guns.

I have never used grease on the receiver end of the barrel. I wipe the gun over with WD40, wiping off any excess, before putting the gun away. I occasionally put a little light oil on the ejectors.

I try to avoid leaving too much oil or grease where dirt would stick to it.

For 40 years my B25's, have had Alvana grease on the hinge pin, lump cheeks, bearing surfaces where the fore-end catch mates with the action frame and a smidgen on the mating face barrel to frame. I am talking very thin here.

Light 3 in 1 oil on the ejector slides.

very light oil on the barrel and action frame external surfaces.

Silicone cloth over the wood.

I always store guns muzzle down.