deer rut

adi786

• 2 weeks later...

For you guys shooting stags and bucks in the rut and then eating them yourselves, how do they taste to you, any different to out of the rut ?

No difference in roe, but i notticed sighty different smell on a fallow buck i shot last year in October.

Don't know about red though...

Plenty of roe late at night outside the Panmure Arms.

It's up for sale JD but still get an outstanding scoff.

Been a lot of places in Scotland but this area has to be the best. The views are outstanding and the missus came down for a day yesterday and we had a run up the Glenesk and pretty breathe taking stuff. Can't recommend the place enough although the doos right now can't be a bit selfish with their morning chorus at this time in the morning.

It's up for sale JD but still get an outstanding scoff.

Been a lot of places in Scotland but this area has to be the best. The views are outstanding and the missus came down for a day yesterday and we had a run up the Glenesk and pretty breathe taking stuff. Can't recommend the place enough although the doos right now can't be a bit selfish with their morning chorus at this time in the morning.

I've shot roe, grouse and black cock (when it was still allowed to do so) and caught salmon and sea trout up in Glen Esk and it remains one of my very favourite places in the country. When you next have an hour or so off head up to the Brown and White Caterthuns just a few miles out of Edzell, places I have walked after grouse many times.

I've shot roe, grouse and black cock (when it was still allowed to do so) and caught salmon and sea trout up in Glen Esk and it remains one of my very favourite places in the country. When you next have an hour or so off head up to the Brown and White Caterthuns just a few miles out of Edzell, places I have walked after grouse many times.

Will make sure we have a run up next time we are down fella

Only having one day off in ten but used it wisely and as you know the place takes a bit of beating.

Went a walk through the blue door and up the Esk to The Loups and stunning as well. To flow through a valley of red sandstone makes it so scenic.

Very lucky man to have done all that up the Glen and must have some top memories of it.