Foxing set up advice

SPC1517

hello, interesting post and i am no expert but i see different opinions on a red/green pil torches used so what about the color spectrum, i thought using red to be more suitable for animals like foxes/rabbits ??. my set up for rabbits until the clocks change is a CZ 455 .22 L/R 4X12 X 50 Hawke rimfire scope set at 12 mag with zero to 50 yards, with a new TR38 as mentioned in previous post. cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Maybe, I shoot a load more foxes with it than with out. The frequency of outings hasn't changed.

I get my get paid for also, but I guess if your not I that position what ever you can afford needs to work

I am the same, I shoot a lot more with NV then without. If I am honest I enjoy lamping them more then I do using NV but given the success I have with NV i tend to favour that more then the lamp.

I am the same, I shoot a lot more with NV then without. If I am honest I enjoy lamping them more then I do using NV but given the success I have with NV i tend to favour that more then the lamp.

Mike I can honestly say since using NV instead of the lamp even non lamp shy you get more time and don't tend to have to rush the shot, just my opinion mate.

Mike I can honestly say since using NV instead of the lamp even non lamp shy you get more time and don't tend to have to rush the shot, just my opinion mate.

Totally agree with you mate. I do like the lamp as it is nice to get a colour picture for a change but 99% of the time it is out with the NV for me.

One of the biggest draw back of NV is the fact that anyone with you that doesn't have a NV spotter may as well stay at home, they get board to tears, I have been out with someone and using thermal to spot with and a NV scope to shoot with all they do is hear a bang, not really exiting for them..

One of the biggest draw back of NV is the fact that anyone with you that doesn't have a NV spotter may as well stay at home, they get board to tears, I have been out with someone and using thermal to spot with and a NV scope to shoot with all they do is hear a bang, not really exiting for them..

Easy one...dont have any friends so no problem :lol::lol::lol:

My current setup.

This current mount I don't like, but it pushes the scope forward. Let's see how it holds out.

Craig if you ever get the chance or feel the need try a Sightron with your Archer, there in a different league. If I could range find at night I would take my 260 out and nobble fox's at sill ranges. 400 500 yards and definite identification of Fox's.

Craig if you ever get the chance or feel the need try a Sightron with your Archer, there in a different league. If I could range find at night I would take my 260 out and nobble fox's at sill ranges. 400 500 yards and definite identification of Fox's.

Buddy this set up is just a temp fix until I start supplying MUNS then I'll go back to a top end scope with a MUNS front mount.

I should be good to go end of September subject to iTAR and account with my UK manufacturer.

The other thing with nv compared to a scope mounted lamp is glare is a thing of the past. Personally I also shoot far more with nv it's far easier, foxes are less jumpy and the success rate is hugely higher on our ground.

I use a z6i scope wise and probably the least effective with an archer but 200 yards is still possible and it's great in the evening before you have to add the nv

The other thing with nv compared to a scope mounted lamp is glare is a thing of the past. Personally I also shoot far more with nv it's far easier, foxes are less jumpy and the success rate is hugely higher on our ground.

I use a z6i scope wise and probably the least effective with an archer but 200 yards is still possible and it's great in the evening before you have to add the nv

How do you get the attachment over the illuminator bit of the Z6i?