Best 28gm 7.5 cart

Difficult question. Buy cartridges that suit your budget and take a selection to the pattern plate to see which one suits your gun the best. Eley First and Gamebore Velocity have served me well. Velocity seem to burn 'cleaner' than Eley First. I've recently purchased a slab of Gamebore Blue Diamond, which are a step up from budget cartridges. Whether they perform better in practical terms is yet to be discovered.

Guest cookoff013

Best?

That criteria 28g and 7.5 is the most popular ever and there are multiple types, budget, £ flush, most expensive, and value, etc.

The best I have used were sovereign. I used some gamebore recently velocity and was impressed

I think that a favourite cartridge is easily reflected by the number of cases strewn around and in the bins at a clayshoot.

It is noticable that it is effected by local availability. Some years ago in the central Midlands the favourite was obviously Express because they were a locally produced quality cartridge, sadly the did seem to move towards being a little on the expensive side when compared to other brands and their popularity wained.

Undoubtedly advertising does pay dividends, hence the use of FBlacks, Black Gold & Sovereign.

I do actually wonder how Black Gold affect the sales of White Gold???

Personally I love 8's for my clayshooting & the Cheddite Trap Oro 8.5 (English 8) is Competition load of choice :good: That said the Cheddite Trap Oro 7.5 in either 24g or 28g are an awesome cartridge. There's also the Cheddite Smart Strike available in 24g or 28g again well worth trying & a bit cheaper ;)

Guest stevo

I think what your using them for also plays a big part too for instance trap. Sporting. Skeet. Fitasc. Ect ect also do you intend to use them for comps. Practice or both.

Edited by stevo

If you don't mind a plastic wad, Proper Cartridges 28g pattern and pattern very well, (as good as white/black gold) and very good pricing.

In fibre white gold or black gold 8's (continental size. 7.5 English) do nicely as well.

If you drop to no8 english. Fblack sporting in 8.5 continental is also good.

I tend to stick to Fiocchi FBlack now, either 28g 7.5 Plastic or FBlack Sporting Fibre 8.5 (English 8) as those are the only sizes you can get apart from a 24g plastic.

Tricky to get hold of so I either have to drive or order them from Just Cartridges, but I think they are up there with cartridges costing £250 per 1000.

They are pretty fast, very clean, smooth recoil and 5% antimony hard shot.

I mainly shoot the 8.5 fibres for everything now as some of my clubs insist on it, unless there's a really long shot where I might use a White Gold Fibre 7.5 or something.

It's a shame they don't do an FBlack 7.5 in fibre.

They usually cost me around £170 to £190 per 1000.

Also like the Cheddite Trap Oro's but they are a bit more and I wouldn't say any better.

I've seen my scores improve since spending a bit more on my cartridges so I'm happy.

For "cheap" I do like Hull Superfast - seem to shoot quite well with them in my MK38.