Advert replies

psully

I have advertised some guns and had a reply from mikewilliams19376, claims to be US citizen on a ship in Pacific. He has apparently bought one and been told it is now damaged so wants to buy mine by getting the previous seller to send me his refund cheque to buy mine, I think this is a no go, wants my name address and telephone number, warning bells are ringing, anyone any thoughts.

How did he damage his gun if he's on a ship in the Pacific?

It's a standard scam. i don't know the in and outs of what the scam is but they are usually serving military personnel away from home.

Ignore it.

Edited by walshie

You've replied once already? :oops:

Best prepare to repel boarders as you're info will be passed around scammer sites like a Dundee lass at an SNP convention.

Thanks you have confirmed what I was thinking, will ignore his second reply, I had replied initially as it was a standard enquiry but the second one alerted me.

Thanks again

I've had exactly the same e-mail from mikewilliams19376@gmail.com for a shotgun that I have advertised on Gunwatch.

Seems like this "Mike Williams" is not having a lot of luck with guns he's buying and finding that they are constantly getting damaged after he has paid for them.

We need to be able to scam them back some how

People are already doing this, have a look on a site called 419eater. The best one I've seen so far was an arrangement to send a package of money to a scammer in Nigeria hidden in a box ostensibly containing an electrical item for which the scammer would pay the shipping upon delivery.

The box was sent and arrived safely. Obviously there was no money, but they did get the pleasure of paying international delivery on a broken fridge-freezer.