Leaving Shotgun in Car?

So what your saying is if I don't want you on my private property with a gun, you are just allowed to go ahead and do it anyway as long as I don't find out about it.

Gordon Bennet! I never said anything of the sort; I said follow HO guidance, which amongst other things, advises to leave part of the gun locked out of sight in your car boot and take another integral part with you.
Edited by Scully

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps you could put your theory to the test and publish the results on here.i think you may be refused entry to the bus and the train,and try strolling around Tesco with your gun hanging off your shoulder,you see we live in a society that is paranoid about guns and view most who own them as terrorists.

Often from August you will see guys at Waverley in Edinburgh and Inverness getting off trains with guns in slips and cases waiting to be picked up to be taken to lodges. I never knew there was an issue taking them on a train.

So what your saying is if I don't want you on my private property with a gun, you are just allowed to go ahead and do it anyway as long as I don't find out about it.

But ur not going on private property with a gun, ur going on with a lump of wood. (assuming u take the butt in) or a piece of metal

A baseball/criket bat would be a more dangerous weapon than a gun butt.

any doubts i'd ask basc wot they think

Am I the only one who finds this thread and some of the comments incredable.

We often see threads with posters asking: am I allowed to fit my cabinet downstairs, is my wife allowed to know where my keys are, is a garage a suitable place to fix my cabinet, can I have a firearm if I live in a caravan, do I need an alarm, my wife won't let me have guns at home in case the children break open the safe. All because certificate holders are rightly paranoid that their security arrangements will be acceptable, yet it seems the consensus of opinion is that despite keeping their firearms in a mini Fort Knox" at home, they are happy to leave the said firearm in their unattended car all day............beggars belief.

easy answer is to ask the management.chances are they will say no guns allowed on the company premises.you can buy a daily newspaper with pictures of part naked females in their pages yet you hang a picture or calender with the same in your office/workshop and its almost garanteed a female member of staff will complain and you will have to take it down.now just imagine that someone had permission to take their gun onto company premises and went on a shooting spree what do you think the outcome woud be,the company would cease to be and whoever gave permission would at very least do a bit of time.i remember the days when you could walk the lanes with your gun over your your arm,and nobody took any notice but they are long gone.we may be deemed by the police as fit to hold firearms but that does not mean you can take them anywhere you like

I try and get out once a week in the summer straight from work . I leave the barrels and action with a trigger lock on it in the car out of sight in the compartment where the spare wheel is supposed to be and take the fore end into the office in a laptop bag .

The car is parked in a private underground car park against the wall to prevent opening of the boot , this is what I was advised to do by the FEO when he granted my SGC, so I had assumed that I was being responsible. I think this is also the advice given in the BASC leaflet.